3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 11:15 AM
Terry Spidell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor replacement

So recently I picked up a 2006 ram 1500 Laramie mega cab with a 4" lift and airbags. Great condition beautiful truck had 30000 miles on the motor a new motor with warranty. It spun the bearings due to lack of maintenance from what power train says, based on photos they will not warranty it! Where do I buy a new motor the guy only missed 2 oil changes and that voided the warranty? Obviously there's more to it but they are the best from what I'm told. So my question is, "do I dismiss what the guy said that I bought the truck from any buy the new motor and get a good warranty? Or go somewhere else?

Old 04-06-2021, 05:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,286 Likes on 3,033 Posts

Shop around. Lots of folks sell long blocks. (replacement engines) Find the one with the best price, and best warranty. Keep in mind, you will likely have to have it professionally installed for the company to warranty the engine. There is also a selection of new parts they are going to want. Once you have it in there, make sure you document the maintenance, including any receipts. (for parts if you do your own, or company receipts if you pay someone else to change the oil.)

Quick Reply: Motor replacement