3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Ram SLT Hemi Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
antman11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Ram SLT Hemi Exhaust

hey maybe that is the way to go i like the idea of a little sound w/out having to be feeling it in the cabin and maybe ill try the dual outlet just for the looks THANKS, 07 thunderroad inferno red w/no mods yet (2 wks old)

Old 04-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

I did have 2 minor issues with the Suprchips install.

1. After the initial (right out of the box v1.06) install of the program, the outside temperature gauge (the one above the windshield) said it was Negative 40 degrees outside (burr). LoL. It corrected itself about 5 miniutes later as I was driving. This did not happen the scond time I tunedthe truck with v1.08.

2. Updating the tuner over the internet failed with a T4 error. This was corrected by moving the USB cable to the rear (number one) USB port of my computer. I guess the tuner is picky about USB ports. (updated tov1.08)

On a side note my home network has a Hardware Firewall device, and all computers connected to it are running Software Firewalls (Zone Alarm)and Anti Virus. After running the FlashPaq Tune-up software Zone Alarm did ask if the Superchips software could have access to the internet (two different programs) I answered yes and checked remember my settings for both applications.

The reason I am saying this is, I have seen Superchips tell people to disable there Firewall and Anti Virus to get the Tuner to update properly. I do NOTAGREE with that!

Cheers,
Pappy

Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

This is an outside clip from about 2 feet away from exhaust tip.

Man I should have left off that rear resonator!

LoL

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...artIdleRev.flv

Gonna get the wife to help with a drive by cliplater today.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:34 PM
lakeozarkman

Thanks for your info, I have an 07 Ram 4x4 with the Hemi and Monday I'm going to put the Fifty series Flow Masters and no rear resi and dual turn downs out the back. I'm going to also lower it 4" so I can get in and out of her a little easier. Your info was very helpfull and I thank you, Lakeozarkman

Old 04-07-2007, 05:20 PM
darend

I have the 50 series flowmaster on and removed the rear resonator. No problems or check engine light. Sound is great and I have a definite performance improvement. Total cost: $225 installed

Old 04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
lakeozarkman

I have a question on 50 series Flowmasters and 70 series, are the 70 series quieter then the 50's? Also do they both have single in and dual out and if the 70 series is quieter, why not use them and eliminate the risinater and end up with more power? Thanks for your help, lakeozarkman

Old 04-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Thanks for all the great responses guys.

I lived in Missouri for 12 years Lakeozarkman a little town called Windsor

Flowmaster does make single-in /dual-out 50 and 70 series

The 70 is bigger than the 50 (22" vs 17" long)and thatwill putit closer tothe cab a bit. By the looks of the little sound bar comparisionon each of the mufflers they look the same. Performance, I really don't know. But bigger = more weight, if that matters to ya.

I don't know if this has anything to do with in-cab sound, but the placement ofmy muffler is behind the cab, not under it.

I would recommend Darkrt and Darend's set up though. I could live with a little more sound, and I can always havemy rear resonator removed. Got a sound clip Darkrt or Darend? Would love to hear it bro.

Like I said we are driving from FL to TN in the morning, so that ought to be a great road test for in-cab resonance.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:06 PM
canram
Rookie

Just put the 70 series on this morning. Took the front resontaor off, left the back one on. The stock muffler is a 30", so the 70 series fits right in and I had to add about 5 feet of piping. I got the side in/center out because the pipe from the cat is a little off-center. Most certainly louder than stock and has a nice V8 burble to it, but I'll wait a couple of days for it to "break in" before passing judgment on how loud it is.

On a side note, the stock hardware has quite a bit of heat brusing already (1900km on the truck). Not sure what to make of it.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

The trip went ok!

I have aWhistle (air leak)coming from the driver side door.
I put 1450 miles on the new set up.
The MDS when it kicks in reminds me of my Harley when I let off the throttle so I think it sounds cool.
Really had to listen for it..

I thought my speedometer was off because it just didn't seem like I was going very fast.....
Then Igot pulled over by a Georgia State Trooper for doing 84 in a 65! Doh
I saw him and immediately looked at my speed with a pucker factor of 9! This did confirm my speedo was on the mark though. LoL

However up until the point I got pulled over gas milage was...not so good. about 16 MPG
After I got pulled over I slowed way downto 60-65ish for 50 miles,and gas milage went up to better than I have ever got before 19.5 MPG sweet!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:44 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

50 series... here i come!!! thanks for the clips and help guys!! now this is the best exhaust thread. see, im a complicated young fella...i keep asking and asking until i feel comfy... i dont trust things like "oh, it sounds bad, but i can deal" dude, this is the bomb thread right here.clips and everyone putting some in... its not annoying or anything. so, i made my ecision... i will put a 50 series flow on my 2007 HEMI! thanks guys!

Quick Reply: 2006 Ram SLT Hemi Exhaust