3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Nav/Uconnect HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 10:52 PM
Rgory
|
Rookie
Default Factory Nav/Uconnect HELP?

Ok so I installed the factory u-connect and Nav (rec) in my 06 Power Wagon.

There is a rumor floating around that the factory versions are supposed to be controllable via the steering wheel controls.

What I am wondering is if you have the factory version- that actually came from the factory and you have the steering wheel controls. Can you please try these two things. First press the small round center button on the left side steering wheel for 5 seconds. This is supposed to activate theu-connect or at least supposed to answer a call for you. Also try the center button on the right for 5 seconds (youmay have to be in nav mode forthis) this is supposed to enable nav scrolling via the steering wheel controls. Now some things tonote,

I added my u-connect andit was removed from an 06 3500 and it also had a different part number for the module than thepart number that is floating around these boards. The part number on this board is derived from an LX (charger, magnum, 300) vehicle which has specific buttons meant to activate the u-connect ect.I am also running software revision AC on myNAV.

I paid my dealer $100 to enable all the modulesIHad installed, and when I told him the steering wheel controls were supposed to do something he said... um no there not. Its not in the owners manual as well. So I think he didnt install the modules or he didnt install them correctly. I am just hoping that someone on these forums may be able to help prove one way or another. Itmay also be interesting toknow whether thoseindividuals that installed module from the lx cars if their steering wheel controls work.

Thanks in advance,let me know what you guys find.

Ryan

Old 04-06-2007 | 12:43 PM
Exchevy
Professional
Default RE: Factory Nav/Uconnect HELP?

My nav is right from the factory and the steering wheel controls do not control the u-connect or the nav scroll.

Old 04-06-2007 | 01:00 PM
Rgory
|
Rookie

Ineresting, I appreciate you getting back to me. Anyone else have any luck with trying to answer calls via left center button or holding the right center while in NAV mode?

Thanks guys.

Ryan

Old 11-28-2007 | 09:49 PM
rhford

I also have a factory 07 1500 and the steering wheels controls do not control the Nav or Uconnect.
I also have a 06 Power wagon with factory Nav and I want to add the factory uconnect. Looks like I need the mirror, harness, and telematics module. Is it plug and play after that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Factory Nav/Uconnect HELP?