3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best brand for aluminum/chrome fuel door?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Black07RamSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brand for aluminum/chrome fuel door?

Hi guys! I had a question and needed opinions. I have a 2007 black Ram 1500 Sport with 20' chrome wheels. I was looking in to the brushed aluminum/chrome fuel doors. I see a lot of them on ebay, but what brand is the best? Any opinions?

Also, i'm still undecided on whether I should go with brushed aluminum or chrome? The truck is all black except for the wheels and lettering on the door. What would look best do you think? Thanks for your help!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:57 AM
05RedDevil
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best brand for aluminum/chrome fuel door?

I purchased one off Ebay and was sadly disappointed after I installed it and it was exposed to a few days of winter weather. It pitted and was ruined from that point on. It also was the push button latch that made the opening smaller for the fuel nozzle and made it a task to get fuel[:@]. I wanted a nice chrome one to match the chrome bumpers and wheels. I tried to save a buck and go with anon-Mopar brand soI could pay less than most and I got what I paid for(it was a Bully brand). I ended up getting a Mopar OEM, chrome fuel door as it has the same corrosion standards as the trucks they are made for so that sold me.Also it has a bigger opening for the nozzle to fit.

I did get it off of Ebay as well and it was around $89 shipped. (That was the cheapest I could find) They had both polished and chrome, but I always like to see matching details when it comes to vehicles add-ons. If you like the price and thewant to go that way here is a link to oneat the place I purchased mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...mZ290102826386

They were fast on the shipping and I was very satisfied with the fuel door and regret not getting it the first time. Lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Best brand for aluminum/chrome fuel door?