3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problems with your trucks???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Problems with your trucks???

I have had nothing wrong with my 05 Hemi. Well if you do not count the door seals and a aftermarket gas cap (not DCs fault)

Old 04-11-2007, 01:03 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dirtydodge, there is a TSB out about the rear doors not unlocking...might want to have them check into that

Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, uhh... when i have my back window open (the little on on the back windshield or whateveer you wanna call it) i hear like the metal trying to twist or something. like theres loose bolts or something like that when i hit a speed bump or any bump of that matter. any of you guys hear the same ****? is it normal or what?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

The Dodge has been the best one of the last four. The others were Fords. My last ford blew a transmision at 70,000 it had lots of front brake problems The one before that had lots of brake problems ,all in the front the Ford before that had lots of transmission problems Four trannys in one month .I'm not a hard driver I just wanted it to go forward once in a while.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:36 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crappy Dodge dealer ( Tower Chrysler Calgary ) My 06 2500 4x4 hemi 5.7, 6sp no issues and I work it every day, I wish Dodge could use a better quality paint and thier are minor nit pick's I have with the truck, that I will improve on as my payments decrease.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 AM
cbrewer954
Professional

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

hey, uhh... when i have my back window open (the little on on the back windshield or whateveer you wanna call it) i hear like the metal trying to twist or something. like theres loose bolts or something like that when i hit a speed bump or any bump of that matter. any of you guys hear the same ****? is it normal or what?
Is the rattling sound coming from the back end?? My 03 was doing it when I bought it a yr ago. every bump i hit the thing rattled. I just chalked it up to being a big truck. I ended up getting the rear end replaced and the rattle went away. I'm not sure if it had something to do with the entire axle or diff. But it's gone.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:44 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: cbrewer954

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

Is the rattling sound coming from the back end?? My 03 was doing it when I bought it a yr ago. every bump i hit the thing rattled. I just chalked it up to being a big truck. I ended up getting the rear end replaced and the rattle went away. I'm not sure if it had something to do with the entire axle or diff. But it's gone.
well, it seems to me that it coming from where the bed is connected to the cab... yeah. a rattling sound. see, i just got my truck a month ago tomorrow. hm... ill check the dealer then. ill find out and let you know what the problem is so next time you hear about it youll know too!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 AM
nuttyprofessor
Rookie

I am curious to see why everyone I know is having front end issues. I just heard from a friend today that all 3 of his dodges have to have the front ends repaired...2-1500s and a 2500. They all have about 50k miles on em. I understand that vehicles will always have problems, if they didn't dealers and mechanics would make no money, but if it is a poorly engineered part I think Dodge should re-engineer the part and offer them as a recall.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
arrowman
Professional

The front end issues might have something to do with the truck really being too heavy for IFS... Should have a solid axel... but I digress...
Can't complain about the ride though!
My 03 got front-end work done very early in its life, and gave me MANY happy miles thereafter...

Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 AM
sharpnightrunner

I bought my 06' Night Runner 5 months ago. I had a bad vibration at 65 mph after I had the tires rotated for the 1st time. I took it to the dealer and they told me from their roadforce test that all the tires were bad. Then they proceeded to tell me that I needed to take it to Goodyear for them to replace the tires. Well I got the run around and I took it back to the dealer. They suggest I call Goodyear to get it fixed. I did and I took it and they damaged my chrome cladd wheels. The dealer also screwed up one of my wheels and so they ordered a new one and screwed it up as well. The service department treated me like crap and they told me that there is nothing that they can do about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have you had a similar problem?

Quick Reply: Problems with your trucks???