3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tried a new wax today

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tried a new wax today

wow they have a sealant too? i might have to try to find it. I know i had a hard time finding the wax my dad gets his off ebay

Old 05-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

if u guys are wanting a sealant get ZAINO!!!!! you can get it from www.zainostore.com

i know it will seem expensive, but it will last a long time and it will look great. the more coats you put on the better it looks....you can apply multiple layers of sealants and it builds up but it is clear giving the paint a deeper color....if you try to put a layer of wax on an already waxed car, it just doesnt multiply the layers like a sealant does

before u order a product from there, read the discription so u know exactly what you are buying and what other product works in conjunction best with it...i would suggest buying the ULTIMATE PROTECTION SHOW CAR KIT.....i have many friends that use zaino and it is an awesome product....i have helped apply it on other vehicles....personally, i havent purchased my own set, but plan on it this month...the ultimate protection show car kit is about $120....i know u think thats a lot, but if u use this per recommended amounts and do things right, it should last a while

Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino sounds great but that is just too much. Too many combos of product and too much money. I don't doubt it's the best, but it's just a truck with a crappy stock Dodge paint job. Understand, I think the the Meguiars 3 step was too much work. Klasse makes 2 products, use one then the other and I'm done? That's the stuff for me! I'll go Zaino when I get the $10K custom paint job.

Here's a link for Klasse products:

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html?...FQsIFQodKAYWpA

Old 05-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ZAINO and TROPICARE are definately the best for the $...i havent used tropicare, but have seen it first hand, it really is great...id rather go with zaino as i have been more exposed to it and know what/how to use it....as for that stock crappy paint job, a sealant protects your paint better than wax, thus you will pay more and it lasts much longer, even through washes and snow ect ect....a sealant such as zaino will keep that crappy stock dodge paint job lookin brand new for years.....if you want to talk about THE BEST.....i havent used it, saw a video of someone using it somewhere a while back...its called ZYMOL ROYALE....almost $10,000...click the link

although for $10,000 whenever you run out, you get free refills for life...incase anyone is interested, you can get it right now for a little over 7k....they are havin a special

http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-12001-Ro.../dp/B000F3K0T8

found the video, scroll about half way down and click play...
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

Old 05-02-2007, 05:11 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: Pirata

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

what exactly is "Master Formula?"
Where'd they mention master formula?
mmhmmm... i read the thread.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

I got it at a local napa, $36 a quart tho... It did awesome i have no swirl marks on my paint and it took out all the lil light scratches. master formula is a polish and sealer for chrome, aluminum, gold basically any metal.. works wonders!
So I can use it on my whole truck?

oh and also it is a liquid you just wait for it to haze and wipe it off, wipe right off all the plastic parts, door handles, top of bumpers, everything
even on my plastic door handles and stuff? so its like a wax or something? sounds good. so its actually called "Master Formula" and any car store is gonna have it? well, i mean Kragen, Auto Zone, etc...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

I stopped using wax.

Iswitched to Liquid Glass, that rquired me to strip off the wax prior to application.

I think it was about $15.

Wax remover was like $5.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

No you can't find it at any auto parts store, i had to order mine online, and i wasn't saying wax your plastic, it was asked if it comes off of the plastic and i was saying it will wipe right off

Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

oh. ok. i see now. thanks! im gonna look for it myself. your truck is lookin good!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone try that new wax called [b]" Liquid Ice"[/b]?

Quick Reply: tried a new wax today