3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SINGLE CAB 1500 HEMI RARE OR NOT

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 AM
HEMIwaxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SINGLE CAB 1500 HEMI RARE OR NOT

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2003 RED 1500 SINGLE CAB WITH 5.7 HEMI AND I HAVE YET TO SEE ANOTHER .IS THIS A UNCOMMON TRUCK?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:29 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: SINGLE CAB 1500 HEMI RARE OR NOT

no i see them quite a bit up here

Old 05-17-2007, 02:29 AM
Ben D.
Champion

depends do you have a long bed or a short bed. I tend to see more rclb trucks than rcsb. RCSB seems to be the rarest truck to be found. Personally I like the RCSB's the best. I think they look a lot better than the quad cabs or the megas or the long bed reg cab. Personally i think the quads and megas look like a giant boat of minivan with a bed attached to the back. but yea they do seem to be pretty rare. Heres something i've noticed now. Over the last few years in the area i live i've begun to see a lot more dodge trucks than nething else. It used to be lotsa chevys and fords but now it seems to be dominated by dodge.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 AM
HEMIwaxx

MUST JUST BE MY IMAGINATION

Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 AM
HEMIwaxx

I THINK THERE ARE MORE DODGES ON THE ROAD THAN EVER BEFORE

Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I dnno about that. In my area I know of three single cab trucks. Other than that all i see are extended.I guess in practicality a quad or mega is a lot better but IMO i just thnk they look ugly. the only thing that would make me get one would be a 2500 for the CTD. other than that RCSB all the way. I def agree way more dodges. Even my dad has been saying it to me. He says that over the last few years on his hour drive to work and hour back everyday he notices lots mroe dodge trucks. I gotta say I see why. I think they are the best built trucks out there. Many ppl don't like them because of the rough interior with the harsh edges and the white gauges. Those are the things I lovea bout it. I don't needa ll the froo forr and what not the other guys have. I've got a bitchin engine whether it be the 4.7 the 5.7 or the CTD they are all great engines and that sick front grill is amazing.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

theres a lot of rc trucks up here cuz thats all the farmers want. They don't need the quad cab when all they are doing is hauling **** back and forth for their farm

Old 05-17-2007, 02:58 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I think there are definitely more Quad Cabs out there on the road, but there is no shortage of regular cabs, either. I see plenty of RCSB's with the 5.7 around. I bought my QC because I have (now) 2 kids and it's the family wagon. I don't fit in my wife's Xterra, so we always took my vehicle everywhere.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:58 AM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

depends do you have a long bed or a short bed. I tend to see more rclb trucks than rcsb. RCSB seems to be the rarest truck to be found. Personally I like the RCSB's the best. I think they look a lot better than the quad cabs or the megas or the long bed reg cab. Personally i think the quads and megas look like a giant boat of minivan with a bed attached to the back. but yea they do seem to be pretty rare. Heres something i've noticed now. Over the last few years in the area i live i've begun to see a lot more dodge trucks than nething else. It used to be lotsa chevys and fords but now it seems to be dominated by dodge.

Giant boat of minivan? LOL

I've got a 1500 MegaCab, when I drive by a RCSB I always ask my wife when they started letting R/C trucks drive on the road!? I mean how useless of a truck is a RCSB? You can get what 2 adults and 1 midgit in the cab, and can't put 8' lumber in the bed with out putting down the tail gate, so that makes it useless for any real contractors to use it as a work truck. On the + side, you can park them in the "Compact" parking stalls!!!!

MuHaHaHa.

just a little friendly joshing between truck fans!!

-TheChad

Old 05-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Ben D.
Champion

Like I said the megas and quadsare more practical, but from the standpoint of what I think looks sportier and better it's the rcsb.plus heres how i look at it. I only need two adults, me and my gf. and neither of us are taller than the bed is long with the tailgate down so we canlay some sleeping bags in the back and well you take it from there....that way we can gaze at the beautiful moonlit skyAlthough in the 2500's i think the quads and megs do look better than the 1500's. I guess it's got something to do with the stance of the 2500 and 3500 that makes it fit better. I wouldn't mind teh qcsb with the CTD 2500. but it's real hard for me to justify the 40k+ for more truck then i'd ever come close to using.

Quick Reply: SINGLE CAB 1500 HEMI RARE OR NOT