3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Side Exit Exhaust Installed with Pics and WAV files!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007 | 08:07 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Default RE: Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Side Exit Exhaust Installed with Pics and WAV files!!!

Looks good! I've got the 50 on mine, as well, but with dual angled out the back. I have no regrets whatsoever in the time I've had it. At first I thought it might be a tad loud inside for family use, but no one seems to be bothered by it. I've always got the radio on loud by myself so it doesn't bother me.

I was laying in the bedroom yesterday and my wife started my truck up for the first time in about a month. That initial ignition detonation before it idles down nearly made me pop wood. I don't think you will ever regret the choice. I like the side exits, as well. Not my thing, but it looks really good.

Old 05-23-2007 | 10:43 AM
runslikeadeere
Default RE: Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Side Exit Exhaust Installed with Pics and WAV files!!!

Looks great man ,my truck is in the shop and by the way you descirbed i think i wll have them add the 50 series now,

but for now i'm powerstrokin to work

Old 05-23-2007 | 11:49 AM
jakeinfla74
|
Rookie

"That initial ignition detonation before it idles down nearly made me pop wood"

LOL! Amen brotha! I feel the same way! I was like a kid on Christmas morning last night. Starting her up, letting her idle down, shutting her off, repeat!

My neighbors must love me. I did this on and off til about 1:30AM with a grin every time I heard the growl and rumble!

Thanks Runslikeadeere! I have not regrets. After driving to work this morning I'm positive a 40 series would have been a tad over the top, for me anyway. Go with the 50 and never look back!

Old 05-23-2007 | 12:18 PM
zman2800

Man that sounds great and looks great too!

Did you have them remove both resonators?

Old 05-23-2007 | 12:30 PM
jakeinfla74
|
Rookie

Thanks ZMAN! I know the rear resonator is history, but where is the secondary? Just after the CAT? I believe he removed both resonators, but I'll double check underneath later today to be sure. From the sound, I doubt he left the other one on. Anyone have a photo of the locations of the two stock resonators?

Old 05-23-2007 | 12:40 PM
zman2800

It is about under the pass front seat. Cant miss it if you still have it.

Old 05-23-2007 | 01:09 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Default RE: Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Side Exit Exhaust Installed with Pics!!!

ORIGINAL: jakeinfla74

LOL Eltupac! Most will take place next year or so. Only the nerf bars and tints are on the immediate list for now. Good point though.

HansonHVAC: Yep! More ideas than money over here as well. Honestly, I'm so happy with the truck as is, after the nerf bars and tints I'm not touching a thing for a while. After 6 months of payments + one or two over payments, then I might start working on the bigger items.
[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 05-23-2007 | 04:25 PM
jakeinfla74
|
Rookie
Default RE: Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Side Exit Exhaust Installed with Pics!!!

Hahahahaha...Couldn't help myself! ...But the nerf bars aren't on yet. It's kind of a trade in a way!

~ J.

Old 05-23-2007 | 04:29 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

nerfs will make the ruck look so much better in my opinion. that was my first mod. well actually floormats and an air freshener were. but yeah. you get the idea.

Old 05-23-2007 | 07:39 PM
BacknBlack07

im not too familiar with how changing the mufflers will affect the warranty. Do you have any clue? i did the same thing to my mustang and i never had any problems with voiding the warranty. I just dont know how dodge works when i comes to that stuff. It looks sweet and sounds awesome. i have the same truck as you LoneStar edition but black pearl.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Side Exit Exhaust Installed with Pics and WAV files!!!