3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Keyless locking

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007 | 08:55 PM
paul67
Default Keyless locking

When using the key fob to lock the doors the horn goes off, is there away of stopping that.
Thanks paul

Old 05-28-2007 | 09:13 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Default RE: Keyless locking

Yup, its in your manual.

On the 04, its;

Get in truck and close door and fasten seat belt.
put in key
Turn key to on, not start
press and hold the lock button on the fob
hold it for a least 4 seconds but not over 10 seconds then press and hold the unlock button This means after holding the lock button for 4 seconds, you keep holding it, then press and hold the unlock button too.
when a single chime is heard, release both bottons.
Turn off ignition

Then test it with the fob. Only the parking lamps will blink. That can be turned off too.

Old 05-28-2007 | 10:05 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

This is excellent information. Sometimes I get home when teh kids are already in bed and everytime I lock my truck my dog barks like someone is breaking into the house.

Old 05-29-2007 | 11:36 AM
paul67

Thanks it work's on a 2003 model as well

Old 05-29-2007 | 12:47 PM
zman2800

Has anyone been able to do this in a 07? I have tried these steps and the steps listed in the manual and have not been able to turn of the lock chip feature.

Old 05-29-2007 | 01:46 PM
moodie
Professional

I have an 06 and the following worked for me. The horn chirp drove me crazy.

1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle.
2. Press and hold for LOCK button on a programmed key fob.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.

You can also disable the park lamp flash feature which I did not do. I also programmed the fob to unlock all doors on the first push.

Old 05-29-2007 | 02:30 PM
theHemiBeast
Professional

Doesn't work for 07. I tried numerous times using the instructions in the manual, but I find out from another Ram owner I work with that it can only be done using the programmer.

Took it in for my first oil change and had them do it. They wanted to charge me to do it, but I quickly informed them of the fact that the manual states it can be done using the keyfob, but in reality it can't. So, they did it for free.

Old 05-29-2007 | 02:41 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

how did you program it to unlock all doors at once? i would look in my manual but, i didn't get one.

Old 05-29-2007 | 03:10 PM
moodie
Professional

These are the instuctions on my 06 to unlock all doors on the first press of the unlock button. Not sure if it works on other years.

1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle.
2. Press and hold for LOCK button on your key fob.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold theUNLOCK button while still holding the LOCK button.
4. Release both buttons at the same time.

Old 05-29-2007 | 05:08 PM
Pirata
Champion
From: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

ORIGINAL: zman2800

Has anyone been able to do this in a 07? I have tried these steps and the steps listed in the manual and have not been able to turn of the lock chip feature.
Me too. I imagine I have my neighbors pissed off at me for my truck honking every time I tried to turn the honk off over an hour period I still did not work like the manual said it was supposed to nor did I ever get it to stop honking.

Quick Reply: Keyless locking