3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I hate thieves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:51 PM
livetokite
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate thieves!!!

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

yeah, i was planniong on getting that gas cap too. we had someone siphon a full tank of gas from our '95 ram2500 van. thats over $70 worth of gas dude. i heard that the club doesnt work anymore...
yeah i had someone siphon my gas too.. so i have a locking gas cap on my truck now.

also.. with the tonneau i've got if thats locked then the tailgate can't be open.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: livetokite

yeah, i was planniong on getting that gas cap too. we had someone siphon a full tank of gas from our '95 ram2500 van. thats over $70 worth of gas dude. i heard that the club doesnt work anymore...
yeah i had someone siphon my gas too.. so i have a locking gas cap on my truck now.

also.. with the tonneau i've got if thats locked then the tailgate can't be open.
tonneaus are always good

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
minex
Veteran

PinkTacoLover, I feel your pain. Let me share my story.

I had an aftermarket CD player with a removable face plate installed on my truck. However, after a few years, the CD player stopped working and I was too lazy to fix it (since I never even used it anyway), so I just forgot that the player was there. Well, one morning, I entered the truck and prepared to start it up so I could drive to work. The cab felt a little cold and breezy. I looked behind me and the entire back window was smashed in. I don't know how I missed that upon entering the truck, but oh well. I thought to myself, WTF. I then noticed that my entire front dash was torn off and was placed on the top portion of the dash. Closer inspection showed that my stereo was missing. I also remembered that I left my workout bag in the truck. Apparently they stole that too. I'd hate to be the one who opened that bag -- the only thing I left in it were my sweaty workout cloths and a pair of dirty underwear. In the end they did about $750 worth of damage to take a CD player that didn't work. Luckily, insurance covered the cost of the damages, minus the $250 deductable I had.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I had 10,000 worth stole out of my truck...

Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

The club never really worked, all it does is deter the amuteurs, My neighbor has well uhh had a 97 ranger, I have my 05 ctd about 60 feet from each other. I have a club, he doesn't. Came out one morning, his car was gone, mine was still there. I can not imagine there being a higher market for a 97 ranger then for my 05 2500 ctd. think of it as a upgrade tot he alarm you should have and get if you dont have one.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

Completely understand man. I live in Corpus Christi, TX and within the first 4 years of living here (I had a 1993 GMC Sierra back then, before the Ram) my tailgate was stolen, 2 stereos stolen, and the truck was broken into a total of 8 times. With the 05 Ram, nothing yet except a HORRIBLE scratch running the length of the passenger door a good foot tall. Hope you get it taken care of...may i suggest a tailgate lock...mine was $40.00, I think it is called a pop-lock if i remember correctly. I hate theives too!!! F them.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
livetokite
Veteran

ORIGINAL: tamuccmike

Completely understand man. I live in Corpus Christi, TX and within the first 4 years of living here (I had a 1993 GMC Sierra back then, before the Ram) my tailgate was stolen, 2 stereos stolen, and the truck was broken into a total of 8 times. With the 05 Ram, nothing yet except a HORRIBLE scratch running the length of the passenger door a good foot tall. Hope you get it taken care of...may i suggest a tailgate lock...mine was $40.00, I think it is called a pop-lock if i remember correctly. I hate theives too!!! F them.
i LOVE corpus, i went there last year and competeted in the 06 velocity games for kiteboarding.
i couldn't make it there again this year, because of school. but i def. plan on going back up there.
a bit off subject lol

my truck hasn't been broken into, accept for siphoning the gas, which i got a locking gas cap for that.
i normally keep about 2 grand worth of kiteboarding gear in the back of my truck with the tonneau locked.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Mmmmm.... glock.... Yeah, it is total crap man. It blows, and that you still have to pay a deductable ($250 is a few tanks of gas or a new toy). Some people have no respect, no self respect to be a man and work for something themselves. I have said it before, I think we should go back to chopping off the hands of thieves... you will always know who they are, and it is hard to carry things off if you have no hands.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

yeah i can't really say a whole lot about this as thats the kind of person i used to be. The worst part is, most of the times when stuff like that is stolen they arent necessairly targeting your tailgate so they can have a new one. They are selling it for cash to buy drugs or stupid **** like that.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

alarms still wont do much. because i have asian friends who know how to undo the whole alarm system in any car or truck and can break in and steal the ride without a problem. oh, they can do it all without the alarm even sounding for a second! no chirp at all. alarms are only gonna work if the car/truck is right in front of your room where you can hear it. other than that, they are now all part of the "looks" and are a false sense of security.

Quick Reply: I hate thieves!!!