3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I hate thieves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 PM
PinkTacoLover
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate thieves!!!

I wake up this morning next to my beautiful girlfriend in her condo in Mission Vally and I'm thinking, "It's going to be a good day today." I get ready for work and I'm walking to my truckparked on the street (Hotel Circle South and if you live in San Diego you know where this is) and from a distance I see that my tailgate is down. Strange as I remember it being left up last night when I parked on the street. Slowly a sense of anxiety and dread builds up as I notice that the tailgate, replete with a rear tail and expertly sprayed Line-ex has disappeared. Anxiety and dread turn into anger and rage and thoughts of strangling whomever stole my tailgate (As if I'll ever find that person).

Feelings! Upset, angry, violated, etc., etc. I hate thieves and I'm generally a good person but I wish nothing but a world of hurt on whomever did this. I've already contacted my insurance company so we'll see how this whole experience turns out. Obviously, I'm going to have to get a lock for the tailgate. Does anybody out there utilize one on an 07 1500?

In any event, this is more for just venting but I hate this sh*t, you know? You work hard, do good, treat people with respect and motherfu**ers can just do this horse crap. I almost wish the sh*theads tried to rob my house, that way I can shoot them with my glock and give what's coming to them. I hope those thieves get some bad juju and suffer horribly.

Once again, just venting and seeking answers to my question.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:33 PM
da92gs87
Professional
Default RE: I hate thieves!!!

kick there *** sea bass!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
cr80renob
Captain

[:@] Why don't people just work for their sh#@?! When I lived in Glendale, Az my dad and I got back from riding the dirt bikes and we were so beat that we just threw the bikes in the garage and left the gear in his Yukon. The next morning we walk out to see the tailgate open just a little bit.... We walk closer and notice that all of our riding gear was gone! I was sooo mad, until the insurance company cut us a check and we were able to buy some NEW gear!!

Just think on the bright side..... They didn't break a window and steal the stuff inside.... Plus, you still have your truck!

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question.... but someone else will

Old 05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional

Never seen one on a Dodge... But i'm sure you can get one... and as long as you can't pull the tailgate apart.. i.e. Pulling the inside cover off to get at the mechanisms.. I would assume it'd be fine... But what pole smoker did that?... Thats a load of crap.... They should have gone to a dealership instead of someones privatly owned truck.. bastards...

Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

look at my pics. atleast you did not have that happen to you.. To answer your question they do make tailgate locks for our trucks, the dealership/manufacturer is just too cheap to give them standard on the truck. Bully makes them check this place. http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/ and that would be a great starting point. If I remember correctly that is wher I got mine was like 40 or 50 bucks. easy to install.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
morganmkelly
Professional

Oh, dude, that was your truck?

Old 05-29-2007, 02:57 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

wow! im sorry dude! but theres been a lot of theft here in SD (im in OB) lately. im not surprised! i wish it was that easy to keep an eye out for some bedliner. there too many trucks here for me to look at and obviously they all look the same, the bedliner that is. thats just ridiculous that they are stealing bedliner now... see, id understand the spare or some **** like that... but the bedliner? holy moly guacamole!! is it insured? lol. because i think insurances can also cover mods done to the vehicle.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM
PinkTacoLover
Professional

Thanks for the concern. Yeah, my ride's insured. I'm gettin a quote from the dealership (Worthington Dodge in Carlsbad) faxed to me with the tailgate, line-x, and spoiler prices.My insurance is going to send somebody out to appraise the theft. I'm pretty confident in my insurance company (USAA) and that they won't screw me over. I'm going to have to end up paying my deductible though, 250. But it's all good. I just feel like I gotta do a lot more **** now, like, get wheel locks, the club, lock my spare tire, locking gas cap. Whatever, it's done and I just gotta move on along.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

yeah, i was planniong on getting that gas cap too. we had someone siphon a full tank of gas from our '95 ram2500 van. thats over $70 worth of gas dude. i heard that the club doesnt work anymore...

Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

what a bunch of butt pirates some people are. sorry that had to happen to you

Quick Reply: I hate thieves!!!