3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tow mirror (mirror removal)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:56 PM
wheelgarage
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow mirror (mirror removal)

lurker now an offical member......

Okay...so I bought the replacement passenger towmirror from the eBay dealer. I did notice that the motor is a bit louder then the OEM unit. Also, I noticed that the heated mirror symbol is missing on the new unit....

Has anyone removed or knows how to remove the mirror? I would like to swap my OEM and install it on the aftermarket unit....

Thanks in advance.[:@][:@][:@]

Old 05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Tow mirror (mirror removal)

Haven't done it myself, but if you have the time I'd recommend downloading the service manual for your truck. You can find it at http://www.hemitruckclub.com/ and the link is on the left side. I seem to recall somebody saying that you need to pop off an inside panel to get at the screws.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 AM
wheelgarage
Default RE: Tow mirror (mirror removal)

Forget it...

I removed the mirror off of the oem unit. It is held on by a large clip. The aftermarket one, looks to have one time press-on frame. I am not sure if it can be removed.

Once I have time, I will look at it again...

Quick Reply: Tow mirror (mirror removal)