3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

would a new panel cause problems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 AM
livetokite
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would a new panel cause problems?

my truck is in the shop now being fixed, and was suppose to get a new panel on the side of the bed, and a new rear bumper, they replaced the bumper, but instead of the new panel they decided to just repair it instead of putting the new panel on, they said it would cause more problems putting a new panel on then repairing it. is this true?

for thoes of you who didn't see my earlier thread of what happend, i went diving at rainbow river, and brought a canoe with me in the bed of my truck, and i was in the boat ramp area, and this guy pulled around the back of my truck to sharp pulling a trailer and nailed my truck.

heres the pics of the damage.

[IMG]local://upfiles/60254/3EAD3DC601594D3B98497421995202B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/60254/43FB7D8F1E0D4BF68A000941D401229F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/60254/322675307AD14A7986DF59E0E4A42AB2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: would a new panel cause problems?

the only way i can imagine a new panel causing more problems that a fix isif they dont do their dam job correctly.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 AM
livetokite
Veteran

thats what i figured.

they didn't even call to let me know they aren't replacing the pannel anymore.

the guys insurance paid for a new panel, i wonder if they are trying to get some extra money out of it? also they don't have to remove the tonneau, or anything to do the job now.

it's a dealer doing the job, so i could see them doing that.

if it looks like sh*t i'm gana flip.

kinda bothers me cause it's basically a brand new truck 2006. i'd rather have the new panel.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:05 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

if insurance said new panel they can't just change it like that. I'd call them cheap bastards tomorrow and tell them to put on a whole new panel or **** off and don't touch my truck i'll take it somewhere else. Sounds like they are just taking your hard earned money. Honestly i think you'd be better off at a body shop than a dealer. Even if they fix that panel and it looks perfect it will never ever be as strong as it was. the metal is already damaged.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 AM
livetokite
Veteran

yeah thats what i thought. it's to late though they have already started the repair when i went to get something from my truck, and noticed they were repairing it and asked about it.

it's the guy who hit it's insurance. so he'll pay for it.

i should get it back tomorrow, and will give them a word or two.
and if i don't like it, then there damn sure gana put a new panel on.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

that sucks. I really hope you get a new panel. I would have flipped out if they tried something like that with my truck

Old 06-04-2007, 12:15 PM
eltupac
All Star

Either way, if you get a new panel or they repair the o.g., the color is not going to be the same. That panel will be off from the cabin. It happened to me. The dealer scratched my driver door, so they fixed it and painted the whole door, but since the rest of the truck was sun faded, the fresh paint sticks out. Good luck though with all that insurance crap.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call the guys insurance company and let them know that the dealer won't put on a new panel and that is unacceptable to you with the age of the truck. Especially if they oked a new panel. The dealer will change there tune real fast.

If you want to take a gamble and see how well of a job they do, then make sure you check the underside of the truck. This is usually where the paint/body guys skimp alittle and if they did a bad job here. Then what is going to happen is that when you goto sell the truck, somebody will find that and be like WTF. I know we all say we will never sell our trucks and if you don't sell untill the engine dies then who cares. But this gives you a point to argue with the dealer and the insurance company to get the job doen right. If the dealer does the job bad, then you can demand an automatic depriciation payable to you. Yes this is a valid argument when your vehicle is this new.

Well good luck

Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Tailbuster
Rookie

You dont have to settle for anything they are doing. Your signature is going to be required on the check that his insurance company sends to the dealer. LOOK OVER THE REPAIR, before you sign anything. If you sign and take delivery of the truck you are screwed. If you are unhappy, refuse to sign the check and the repair receipt and contact the insurance company and tell them it is unacceptable. The work is not complete until you sign that check.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I wouldn't give them the chance to cover up their scam. What they are doing is insurance fraud, plain and simple. The body pannel, according to LMC Truck is about $500. So, in essence they are making $500 + labor charges from the insurance company. First I would call his insurance company, then the BBB and report these bastards. You said that his insurance company is paying for it, but in reality, we all are. Scammers like these are why our insurance premiums are jacked through the roof. Oh, and get your truck and bring it to a reputable shop.

Quick Reply: would a new panel cause problems?