3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Henry23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

I just installed a Flowmaster super 44 into my 2005 Dodge Ram with HEMI engine... it sounds great!!!

you can check the video at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAA2x1TNnKg

Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
proachbass91
Professional

Ok ive been looking at a magnaflow exhaust? What about this one http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/...16700-519.html ? and what would instalation be on something like this? Also i checked on magnaflows website and this is like 220$ cheaper, plus id get a military discount from these guys. What do yall think?

Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Kooda
Rookie

I just istalled a Borla Cat back system on my 06 Dodge Ram, and man does it sound sweeeet.
There is no drone from the MDS when it kicks in, it has a deep mellow tone and not the metalic sound ofa Flowmaster. Thing fits like a glove and is probably 1/4 of the weight of the original exhaust.

This system was made for the 06 and up Hemi Rams with the MDS.
This is where I bought it...not much more than the Magnaflow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Borla...spagenameZWD1V

Part Number #140186

Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
A05GSHO
Professional

ORIGINAL: proachbass91

Ok ive been looking at a magnaflow exhaust? What about this one http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/...16700-519.html ? and what would instalation be on something like this? Also i checked on magnaflows website and this is like 220$ cheaper, plus id get a military discount from these guys. What do yall think?
Buy it and install it yourself, it's easy otherwise around here about $125 to have it installed. Can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty and it sounds great. I'm extremely happy with my Magnaflow, bought from Planetmagnaflow as well piad like $455.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

Had a aero2525 on my 04 4.7 Loved it and it sounded great, help throttle response a bit.
I left the Cats and as far as sound levels you didn't even notice it on the highway...
FYI I ran the aero 2525 (2.5") instead of the 3030 (3") to keep the back pressure on it, Before welding up the muffler I took the truck out to play with nothing hooked up from the Cats just to see how it responded and it dogged at low RPM pretty bad...
IMO you want that back pressure, If you want some more echo lil louder you can run a 3" pipe out the back of the muffler...

I had a "Y" out the muffler and 2" pipe to 3.5" tips....

BTW Played with flowmaster and I saw better results with the AeroTurbines (no I'm notta salesguy)

Heres a pic....

Name:  03-26-07_0936.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  38.6 KB

Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 PM
proachbass91
Professional

ORIGINAL: A05GSHO

ORIGINAL: proachbass91

Buy it and install it yourself, it's easy otherwise around here about $125 to have it installed. Can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty and it sounds great. I'm extremely happy with my Magnaflow, bought from Planetmagnaflow as well piad like $455.
The instalation does look pretty simple, but it recomends to have parts of it welded? Would you suggest this as well? and if so what do you think just that would cost?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Kooda
Rookie

I installed the Borla exhaust myself. It comes with some hefty exhaust clamps.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
TSPOON

i am new here...just had straight pipe replace the muffler ..I lOVE IT...i wanted it loud..I had a T/A with a Cut out with a capand loved it, I never put the cap on !!..it never bothered me on road trips or anythung...so I figured I would try it on this truck..so far so good, testing it for awhile if it starts to annoy me then I will be thinking about flomasters....cost me $50 at a local muffler shop

[/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
TKOHarley

Gentlemen, This may help some of you with making up your minds on which exhaust to go with if you are looking for something mellow and maintains a good note through the MDS on the newer Trucks. I havethe Banks Monster system and I am very satisfied. The Banks has a deep (Big Block) sound which lets the Hemi breathe like it should. It also handles the MDS similar to the stock exhaust. It is not an exhaust system for the loud enthusiast; however, if you are looking for a nice sounding and good looking system with a very large polished stainless tip... This is it. I have read a few of the blogs about others having problems with other systems and I feel for you. I am glad I found Banks on my second system. I had Corsa on my previous Truck and I will put this Banks system up against any of them.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Kooda
Rookie

Wow...and I thought Banks just made stuff for the oil burners. Learn something new everyday.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!