3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Superchip Tuner

Is this the huckleberry I am looking for? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

While I am still asking about this one. I remember a month ago someone said it was hard to DL updates from one of the performance chip companies but I don't remember which one. Was this superchips?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Crap!

Yep thats her. Get er done!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Pirata
Champion

Yeah, but the dude still has 4 days left on the auction and $25 for shipping. Say I do get that one, how long does it take to upgrade the flashpaq from my computer onto the unit itself. I have already read it takes about 10 minutes to hook my truck up and get her programed.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Well thats where I have issues with the SC website. I have spent an entire day trying to get the damn thing to update. i.e. Multiple failures. I must be hard-headed cuase I just keep trying, and finally it updates successfully. I say it is in their software and how it handles USBdevices (programming)

But hey some folks have NO issues at all. Maybe you will be one of those lucky guys.
Also they don't support Windows Vista as of yet, me thinks that when they get Win Vista to work all will be well. (New programming)

In the truck is a breeze. I'd say under 10 mins after your initial setup.

You will like the performance, options like adjustable Speed Limiter, Rev Limiter, and shift point are the $hit!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Pirata
Champion

So Pappy, honestly, with the download problems you have with superchips, would you buy a tuner that you could not use until you were able to download the newest software or blow the wad and buy a brand new tuner that already has the latest software installed?

Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

ORIGINAL: Pirata

So Pappy, honestly, with the download problems you have with superchips, would you buy a tuner that you could not use until you were able to download the newest software or blow the wad and buy a brand new tuner that already has the latest software installed?
A new tuner will not have the current software regardless. You will have to update it . When I bought mine new, I had 2 downloads to complete before I programmed the truck. Also, I remember Pappy's post previously on his troubles, but I also recall that noone else mentioned them having troubles. Ifyou are going to have problems, you are going to have problems and there is not much you can do. there is always a way around things though. You could always send it SC and they could do it for you. If you can find a good cheap used one then go for it.

Pappy, quick question, have you tried to change your USB cable? If your cable is bad, mayber your tuner is losing communication between the 2. Just a thought. I know USB cables can be delicate.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

Pappy, quick question, have you tried to change your USB cable? If your cable is bad, mayber your tuner is losing communication between the 2. Just a thought. I know USB cables can be delicate.
Yeah,
I've tried it all. Different USB cables, ports, disconnecting all other USB devices (keyboard, mouse), different computers, rinse-repete.
The one that works (and I'm not saying that it works every time) is switching USB ports after a failure. But I shouldn't have to do that and its not 100% either.

All my computers have Win XP (SP2) so I can't say if another OS would be any different for me.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:31 AM
SPADEDhemi

Hey guys well I was just doing some looking around, and found this power pack on the RPM outlet web site, Check out stage 2 kit might be worth it, new c/a intake and a jet performance chip and add 100 bucks and you get the superchips #3815!! For like a total of 500 bucks!! Good deal or no??..

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/ramhemi.htm

Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
SPADEDhemi

Ok well its add 200 bucks for the superchips, but it still might be a good deal for all new parts!!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
djr04
All Star

I've never had problems updating my tuner, and mine was used. The guy that owned it before had updated it as well, so there should be no issues there. I also have XP Service Pack 2

Quick Reply: Superchip Tuner