3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Superchip Tuner

ORIGINAL: djr04

I've never had problems updating my tuner, and mine was used. The guy that owned it before had updated it as well, so there should be no issues there. I also have XP Service Pack 2
I'm not the only one with this issue.
However SC Tech support and others will tell you to turn off your Firewall and Anti-Virus to get it to work and that ain't gonna happen. Call me paranoid but I have no other programs that require me to turn off my FW and AV.

So most people that have the issue get rid of the Tuner, I just keep plugging away until it gets a good load.
Hell it might be the tuner itself (maybesomthing cheezedon the USB side) but it works like a dream programming the truck.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:11 AM
djr04
All Star

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was thinking the problem was user error. Just trying to show both sides of the story as far as updating goes for pirata.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: djr04

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was thinking the problem was user error. Just trying to show both sides of the story as far as updating goes for pirata.
Nah i didn't think that at all. But you got me to thinking I very well could have a "halfway"broke tuner.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently winning that one I linked earlier but the price is currently $215 or something like that.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Pirata: you can set up to autobid up to a certain price, this way you won't pay to high for a used one. By setting up the autobid, you will automatically get the best price at the end of the auction.

Pappy: I have XP as well, firewall from XP and Zone Alarm and antivirus. I had no problems. Just a thought, can you send it to SC to ge the updates? I will bet that you re not changing the program daily and you can go without it for a little while, while it is getting done. This way, if they find a problem uploading it, they will see it first hand. Another option is, use another persons computer. Goto a Fedex/Kinkos or I pretty sure you have a few friends () that should have a computer... LOL!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Pirata
Champion

I don't understand the difference between autobid and max bid. They are essencially the same thing, at least in my book. Max bid I put the max amount I want to pay and if someone else bids on the item it automatically bids for me up to the amount of my max bid until it is passed then the new person become the winning bidder. Now autobid does what that max bid does not?

I used to use Zone Alarm firewall for years but I found I had some software conflicts using Zone Alarmnwith other programs as well as now IE has a firewall as well as Norton so having an additional program seems a little overkill.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Pirata
Champion

Eff it! I kept getting outbid from fleabay so I opted for a new tuner. $449 with next day shipping included from http://www.autoanything.com/

Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
djr04
All Star

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Keep in mind this is the first release for the 07's, so the tuning isn't perfected yet. Strange thing about the 07's - Superchips claims more of a hp/torque gain compared to the 04-06 hemis.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Pirata

Eff it! I kept getting outbid from fleabay so I opted for a new tuner. $449 with next day shipping included from http://www.autoanything.com/
Thanks for bowing out. I'll let you know how it works for me. j/k
Why no love from SC for the 4.7L? Bastards, the lot of them. [:@]

Old 06-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

Pappy: I have XP as well, firewall from XP and Zone Alarm and antivirus. I had no problems. Just a thought, can you send it to SC to ge the updates? I will bet that you re not changing the program daily and you can go without it for a little while, while it is getting done. This way, if they find a problem uploading it, they will see it first hand. Another option is, use another persons computer. Goto a Fedex/Kinkos or I pretty sure you have a few friends () that should have a computer... LOL!!!
Hell I live about an hour away from SC I'll give em a heads up and drive it over.
This is prolly a good idea, they could check out the tuner and seeif it has issues.

Quick Reply: Superchip Tuner