3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 05:37 PM
PinkTacoLover
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners?

Ok folks. Exhaust - check. CAI - check. Tuner - negative. Is the tuner worth it? If so, which do y'all recommend? I figure I'd like to unlock the beast and a tuner might take me one stop closer.What's a good price to pay and when is somebody trying to tea bag me with the price?

Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Tuners?

I personally like the flashpaq from superchip. I hear a lot of good things about hypertec as well. I would pretty much check ebay for a price and mail order catologs. then see how well you can negotiate at the store. might get them to match it.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Jasonb2428

Superc hips Flashpaq is supposed to be able to program aftermarket tire size and Hypertech has a new programmer on the fly that costs about $600.00+ depending on where you look. Superchip your lookin at $449.00 free shipping on auto anything or Ebay

Old 06-16-2007, 08:24 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

I just got my superchips yesterday and i love it!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:39 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two choices. Eitehr the SuperChips or the Bully Dog. SuperChips, now has one thing up on the Bully Dog. This is that it is much faster to load your truck. Bully Dog just updated there tuners for the tires and towing to match SC, and next week, a new update is coming out, but they will not tell me what it details. They just told me to wait to update until next week. I paid $325 shipped off of ebay for mine. I to also had the SC tuner before this and liked that as well. Both work about the same, just have to find one in the price range that you are looking for. The one thing Bully Dog has over the SC tuner, it is comes with a carrying case as well. I had to keep my SC tuner in the box it came in, though this is not a big deal.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While my superchips gave me issues the first 24 hours after uninstalling it, resetting my computer, driving without it for 24 hours then reinstalling it I can safely say I love my superchips flashpaq.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Pirata

While my superchips gave me issues the first 24 hours after uninstalling it, resetting my computer, driving without it for 24 hours then reinstalling it I can safely say I love my superchips flashpaq.
So you got the Tuner working?
So what was the issue/fix?
Did you have to do the 3 foot calibration on it?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:18 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

If you bought all that other stuff, you need to buy a tuner. You will appreaciate everything else you did so much more. Go with the SC

Quick Reply: Tuners?