3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Better MPG? Ram 318

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:12 AM
jennylynn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better MPG? Ram 318

Hello! I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 318. I get about 15 mpg. I'm trying to figure a way to get a bit better gas mileage, because I need my truck (and love my truck) and don't want to give it up for a more gas friendly vehicle.

I know cold air intake will help, but can anyone give me an idea of how much? I know it adds horsepower, too. Anybody know about this?

Also, what about a Flowmaster catback system? Exactly how much will this help with the mpg? Is it worth it? I plan on keeping the truck on a very long term basis.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:26 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: Better MPG? Ram 318

Well first of all you may want to check the 2nd gen forum. Thats what category your truck is. If you do the intake and exhaust you should gain a couple MPG. Remember though, trucks arent made to get a cars gas mileage. A tuner will also help you improve it. I believe you will only be able to get a hypertech for your year truck

Old 06-17-2007, 03:36 AM
jennylynn
Default RE: Better MPG? Ram 318

thanks... i'll post this in the other section. sorry bout that.