3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What tint to match back windows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 PM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What tint to match back windows?

Next week I think I'm going to schedule to get Llumar put on so it's 15% in the front and 12% in the back (tint over factory tint). I'll take pics when it gets done.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:15 PM
pwrhungry

In the picture it looks like yoru tint matches perfectly.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 AM
eltupac
All Star

FYI to all you FL people. In trucks and SUVs you can have limo in the back and 28 in the front. I put Limo (5%) on the back window and 20 on the doors. The 20 on top of the stock tint makes it almost limo, so it matches the back.
That is why you see all SUVs and some trucks with dark tints in the back seats only, but you dont see it in cars, cause cars have to be over 28 all around. FL statues are dumb or the tint makers dont want to make 28%, either way, the copper has to be very **** to pull you over because of tints on trucks. They wont hesitate on cars.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
blamb
Amateur

ORIGINAL: pwrhungry

In the picture it looks like yoru tint matches perfectly.
It's pretty good i'm not going to lie, but that is with the sun kind of shinning thru the windshield.Butother times depending on the light it looks like RaiderJay's second picture, on his 07.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:33 PM
pwrhungry

Well I got the 15% Llumar put on today and it looks perfect. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it. I would do now but tint seems to change a little after it dries.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Phatboy
Professional

The 15% is the way to go. LLUMAR film, and others, are actually a little lighter than their named light transmittance percentages. When I was still tinting for a living 20% was closer to 28% light transmittance. There are some brands though go superdark to keep the fade from being as noticeable, but LLUMAR is a quality product that doesnt fade much. Make sure to use non-ammonia window cleaner.

Sungard had a 5% a few years back that registered 3% LT. It was dark. Llumar 5 is closer to 10. I picked up a roll of 15 from the guy I used to work with and do all my cars 15%. It's light enough where the po-po doesnt bother you, but still dark enough to help add a little privacy. The heat rejection only sways about 8% from 35 to 5, unless you go with the platinum series films, that are kind of reflective, and they reject up to about 78% of the heat. Normal 'charcoal' Llumar, in ATR, not AT, are between 45 and 53% heat rejection.

Money well spent, especially here in the south!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I had the Llumar tint installed this morning. I went as dark as I can legally in Florida (30%). It is slightly lighter than the rear glass, but it is much better than no tint at all. They used Llumar ATR30.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Dman33

So I was just thinking about getting my front windows tinted as well and came accross this thread. The tint shop that I was recomended to here uses a tint called Matico (sp?)?? Has anyone had experience with this tint? The guy on the phone told me that they would only go 35% due to laws but im sure that once I get down there I can convince them to go 20ish. Any thoughts on that brand and matching my back windows?

Old 06-22-2007, 05:23 PM
pwrhungry

Here are the pics and in person it looks perfect.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 PM
pwrhungry

That is Llumar ATR 15. The pics might be hard to tell because they where taken with my phone but in person its spot on.

As for the guy asking about ehatever brand go find a Llumar dealer as it matches perfect and is lifetime warranty also.

Quick Reply: What tint to match back windows?