3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What tint to match back windows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Dman33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What tint to match back windows?

Looks good!

Old 06-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Dman33

Well I went and got my windows tinted yesterday and took the advice to use Llumar. I have to say I am very dissapointed... The Llumar tint has a green tinge to it and does not match at all the factory at all.The warranty is great on Llumar however I didnt buy it for the warranty. Y'all must be colorblind or something.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
pwrhungry

Did u get the ATR 15? mines perfection. Llumar does have more then 1 line of tint btw.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Phatboy
Professional

Madico windowfilm is what we used when we did one window repairs, in case of a break in, and their other tint was purple. It was pretty 'blue' from the get go.

If your film has a green tint it sounds like they used SunGard and not LLUMAR. They didnt use ATR, even if it was llumar. The ATR is charcoal, not green. The only 'greenish' film I have seen is SunGard, that is the one that was 3% light transmission. It was dark. But had the greenish tint, kind of like old Ray Bans. I would take it back. Just let them know that you didnt get what you paid for. A reputable shop will replace it. If they insist it is llumar, then ask to see the box, and compare whats in it to your windows.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Dman33

I called the tint shop and told them I was not too happy with the tint. They said they only use Llumar ATR and ATX. I asked if ATX had a green tint to it and they said no. They said they are a smoke and a charcoal color. At any rate, I am going back there this Saturday to compare. They said ATR was placed on mine so I dunno, I will ask to look at the box.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
HEMI21

3M Baby!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. Def shouldn't be green.. Oh yeah! NEVER clean with windex or anything with amonia init! That's when you seetint go purple.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
SaRaNaC

I hate you all, upstate NY we cant have "ANY" tint on the front window. When you get pulled over and the cop wants to be an ***, he can say peel the tint off right here and now or we tow the car.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
blamb
Amateur

ORIGINAL: SaRaNaC

I hate you all, upstate NY we cant have "ANY" tint on the front window. When you get pulled over and the cop wants to be an ***, he can say peel the tint off right here and now or we tow the car.
This is right from the NYS DMV website...

Section 375 (12-a) of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law does not allow a windshield or front side windows that are dark. The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light. Seventy percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window[/b]. This law also applies to the rear window[/b] unless the vehicle has outside rear-view mirrors on both sides. The mirrors must give the driver a full and clear view behind the vehicle.

So go get some, you just don't have to push your luck like some of us choose to do..

Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you're saying I should rip mine off right here and now and go to 5%??

Quick Reply: What tint to match back windows?