3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check engine on long trips

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Midnightrider
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine on long trips

Well its been about a week since i put my long tubes on and the furthest i had gone with them before yesterday was about 20miles. Yesterday I took a little trip about 75miles... roughly 50miles in my check engine light went on with a lean code... now i have LT's a tuner and a 180 degree thermostat.. the light hadnt gone on at all before that and none of my temperatures got hotter than normal (I have alot of aftermarket gauges) and my a/f gauge didnt read anything outta the ordinary. Do you think this was just a fluke? And what other mod can I do to richen things up abit without loosing performance? I drove with the light on for about 25miles...everything was acting normal hope i didnt hurt anything.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:53 AM
motorider228
Champion
Default RE: Check engine on long trips

I'm not sure about what to do but I do know that tons of guys see codes with LT's. Do you know what the code was for?

On another note, what long tube headers do you have for your 06? I am unaware of any companies right now that have LT's for the 06's and up.

Also, modded is spelled wrong in your signature so you may want to correct that.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Midnightrider
Rookie
Default RE: Check engine on long trips

The pacesetter LT fit 06's, not sure of the exact code but it hasnt had a check engine light again. I took battery off the reset everything then took it on a 100 mile drive, the fluids didnt get as hot (was a cooler day) and it didnt throw and codes. Imma wait for another real hot day and go for another long ride to see what happens. Just strange how nothing was outta the ordianry and i got a check engine light yet its not doing it again...

Quick Reply: Check engine on long trips