3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Dodge Owner Questions

Old 10-07-2004, 03:15 AM
HemiMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Owner Questions

I am looking to buy a new 04 Dodge Ram in the next couple of weeks, you guys let me know if there is anything I should ask about or look for....or even what kind of deals ya'll are gettin on them.....the one I'm looking at gettin is 04, Hemi (of course), 1500, Quad Cab,Laramie 4x4, short bed, black, chrome grille and billet grille, with the 20's.....I think it is a SWEET looking truck, and I did alot of looking, comparing, and analyzing....and my dad is a chevy man, with a 04 Silverado in the driveway...after some comparison, it came down to the Ram and F-150 Fx4....but I could not ignore the HEMI also it has 342 miles on it...should that concern me at all? I realize they are probably just demo miles, but still.....Thanks in Advance!

Joseph

Old 10-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Beastmaker
Rookie
Default RE: New Dodge Owner Questions

HemiMan,
Seems like there should be a sweet deal on it. The 342 miles IMHO area high for a "new vehicle", not sure but I think for insurance purposes you'll end up having to take it somewhere to get Pictures taken of it because of that. I'm speaking from NY experiences. I think if it's over 10 miles, then the insurance company want proof of no physical damage.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:42 AM
drtelco
Professional

You did not mention a price that is being offered. I purchased my 04 Truck through the dealers internet sales. $ 26,000 for my truck (SLT). I was more interested in the towing package ...17 " rims/tires with the upgraded Infinity Sound system. My truck is fully loaded except leather seats which I believe is the Laramie package.....I wouldn't worry about the mileage on the truck since your warranty doesn't start until you buy the truck...

Old 10-07-2004, 11:14 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 342 miles may be do to a dealership transfer or trade. They often do this to get vehicles for their customers.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:28 PM
HemiMan

well the MSRP is 34-35k they are talking 10k off msrp....I am also wanting some after market stuff put on the truck....Flowmaster duals, 2 10 in Subwoofers and box, sirrus satellite radio and a TV overhead system.....I'll probably come away with about 26k my cost....at least that is what I'm going to offer, and tell them either they can take it or I can go down the road.....and yes it does have leather....oh and if ya'll are wondering why I want all these toys in my truck, I'm only 20...and I still like playing with toys

Joseph

Old 10-08-2004, 01:11 PM
sgahemi

If you are serious about your music, ditch the factory system. Check out the Pioneer AVIC-1N if you like toys. This is a navigation system, dvd/cd/mp3 player and you can put XM into it. Screen is 6.5" touch screen. With the twin 10" subs and a decent pair of front door speakers (6x9), it will outshine anything Dodge offers.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Turbo306

Iv heard of that Pioneer AVIC-1N...But does anybody have the clarion VRX745VD?.....Its the flip screen model.... I just purchased one and was curious if anybody else has one.......I am currently running Two 10's under my seat with the stock infinity system and it sounds ok.....wouldnt mind some components in the doors though!!..[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-10-2004, 04:53 PM
RcBandit28
Captain

ORIGINAL: drtelco

You did not mention a price that is being offered. I purchased my 04 Truck through the dealers internet sales. $ 26,000 for my truck (SLT). I was more interested in the towing package ...17 " rims/tires with the upgraded Infinity Sound system. My truck is fully loaded except leather seats which I believe is the Laramie package.....I wouldn't worry about the mileage on the truck since your warranty doesn't start until you buy the truck...
Thats not true. If the truck is a Dealer Demo (i.e. driven by a dealership employee) the warranty begins when the vehicle is put into Demo Service.

Old 10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
drtelco
Professional

A miles will not hurt your vehicle...your gonna drive the hell out of it anyway...You still have the factory warranty and your going to save 10K...Sound like an ok deal to me.

Old 10-10-2004, 08:57 PM
HemiMan

Well the exact truck has changed that I'm going to get, it's gonna be a 2wd....I realized that I really didn't need the 4x4, what I'll lose doesn't out-weigh 5k off, better fuel economy, and less weight on the Hemi! But I'm going to get mopar to install a tv-dvd system, billet grille, and remote start, and sirrus satellite radio. Also I'm going to get 2 12's included in price pushed by 800 watt amp (which I have) and flowmasters so I should be looking at 23k.....I can deal with that!

Joseph

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Dodge Owner Questions