3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is she losing her mind?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
92DevilDog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is she losing her mind?

I'm looking for some help on my 2002Black 1500 Quad 4x4 SLT. I think she's losing her mind.

My truck has 47000 miles on it and it has now started doing several odd things all at once.

1 - The ABS and Brake lights turn on after I hit about 20 mph. The brakes still feel fine, there is no pulsing when braking.
2 - The speedometer stays on 0 until it hits about 20 mph and then bounces all over the place.
3 - The gas milage sux (I know but its worse than normal, like when I'm coasting I get about 5 mpg).

A couple notes, these may or may not be associated:

4 - Before it started I had recentlychanged the front brakes
5 - About the same time it started we noticed that the exhaust had rusted through soI just had it replaced.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:45 PM
casper3380
Veteran
Default RE: Is she losing her mind?

items 4 and 5 wouldnt have anything to do with it. My question is does it have a control module. I had a dodge caravan with a control module issue that did similar things as you are reporting. I would go to a dealer and ask if it has a control module, could be the answer, or atleast a possibility. hope that helps some.
casper

Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

It is possesed. Blow it up, NOW!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Hemichief
Veteran

You changed the brakes... did you bleed your lines? have you checked your brake fluid? that may be part of the reason for your ABS light on. The fuel could be a myriad of things, specially if you changed the exhaust system. You need to make sure that everything was put where it belongs and everything was connected correctly. Are you throwing any codes?

BTW - Semper Fi Devildog... Thanks for your service...

Old 07-19-2007, 09:44 AM
92DevilDog

Thanks for the help guys! Semper Fi!!!

One other thing that I remembered after Imade the post...

About 3 years ago I had to get the ABS Wheel Speed sensor replaced in the rear diff. Now that I think of it, there are alot of the same characteristics. Could be the same thing again, and there is also another ABS wheel speed sensor in the front as well.

Quick Reply: Is she losing her mind?