3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying my first new vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 AM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buying my first new vehicle

The first time you sit there spinning your wheels trying to pull the boat out of the water you'll really wish you had the 4x4. Maybe with a small boat it isn't an issue. That's just what my cousin who has towed many boats has said.

If you don't need the Mega Cab (I got mine for more room for the kids), then look at 2005 trucks for less money. The 4x4 will always be worth more than the 4x2. It's also easier to sell when the time comes.

If your credit isn't very good, getting a less expensive truck will also help prevent you from being further in debt. That's a good idea if want to make sure you don't have future credit problems.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
casper3380
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmy, dude your the man. I totally agree with jimmy, everytime they run your credit, it will lower your score after multiple hits. 28k Sounds high to me. I paid 26k for mine and its 4wd, new. A 4wd would be nice, depending on where you live as well. If they dont have anything else, tell them to find it. You can try saying another dealership offered you less, but they know what the other dealers are selling and what they are selling it for. Its all computer networked, and they may call to confirm, ours did but we werent a negotiation dealership. I would definately shop around, and if you find one dealer that will give you a better deal, but want the other truck, test drive the first truck to you present dealership, tell them you would like to buy from them but they arent working with you but the dealer you got that truck from is willing to. play dirty essentially, they do. good luck m8

Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get the truck? Let me know. I hope you got the deal.

Quick Reply: Buying my first new vehicle