3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

theft of Rams

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: theft of Rams

damn that really sucks...i'd be doin whatever i could to find em and whoop their ***....i feel for ya man

Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a long time ago and that truck is long gone. New one has alarm and just to sway the ameturs I use a club and have installed motion lights in the front of the garage.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 AM
FL Cracker
Rookie

I woke up to the same thing once. Since then I've installed an electric gate at the end of my driveway with a switch that rings my doorbellif anyone opens it.Surprised the crap out of my 16 year old neighbor when he ran into me while coming out of my shop carrying two 5 gallon cans of lawnmower gas. He mowed my yard for free all summer to keep me from telling his parents. He still hasn't figured out how I knew he was there.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

My truck was stolen almost a year ago.When the Police stopped the truck ,it had a key in the ignition. I wasn't mine. So I had all my ignition changed and the door locks. Seems my dealer said that I had the keyless entry system and a built in security system only he didn't tell me to cover up my vin number with something. It cost me $370 to have every thing changed over. and now the vin number doesn't matter. If you have a black key you are in trouble ,get the tan one ,it has the chip .You need proof to have that one made up .

[/align]

Old 07-27-2007, 07:46 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

Look at my photo galery. you will see what happens when you sleep.
I have a friend that owns a tire store he said all you have to do is take off the lug nuts and shake the truck and the wheels will pop right off.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: bksram3500

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

Look at my photo galery. you will see what happens when you sleep.
I have a friend that owns a tire store he said all you have to do is take off the lug nuts and shake the truck and the wheels will pop right off.
I wish I had a friend that owns a tires store, I am finding that a set of procomps are goignto be more than 1200.00 for 5 x-terrains.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Im3Good4U
Rookie

The best thing you can do is get an alarm or atleast a club. The 2 ways they steal our cars are by having our key made like someone described earlier or the super easy method towing it. Thats why when you dont feel savely parked you should turn your wheels and slap on the E-brake. Its a clear signs for cops if a car is being towed with wheels turned. It also a pain in the but to even mount a truck on a flatbed with the E-brakes. Unless your car has alot of goodies they will move on to the next. If you have a bonestock ram just let them take it and insurance will pay otherwise get an alarm and when you feel less save throw on the E-brake and turn the wheels.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
bigjrussell
Captain

Can't put the truck in drive if you can't press on the brake pedal. Also works on clutch pedals.

.....No, I don't sell or make any money on these. I just watch a lot of TV.....

http://www.autobarn.net/unautx.html

Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 AM
casper3380
Veteran

it all comes down to if they want it, bad enough, they will get it. So and armoured shed could work. Covering the Vin is a good idea, if pulled over for speeding, he can have you uncover it. lol

Old 07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
uk guy
Rookie

well thats one good thing about living in the UK ram's just don't get stolen !

still put a Clifford concept 950 alarm on it tho ! does the lot including anti car jacking !

Quick Reply: theft of Rams