3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

theft of Rams

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: theft of Rams

Covering the vin in NY doesn't do a damn bit of good. These morons print the vin right on your registration sticker you put in your windshield. Being a sticker there's no way to temporarily cover it either. If you black it out w/ a marker before installing it on your windshield, you can count on a ticket.[:@]

Old 07-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Micah21575

I am running out to my truck with some black tape to cover up my vin number now!!

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle

My truck was stolen almost a year ago.When the Police stopped the truck ,it had a key in the ignition. I wasn't mine. So I had all my ignition changed and the door locks. Seems my dealer said that I had the keyless entry system and a built in security system only he didn't tell me to cover up my vin number with something. It cost me $370 to have every thing changed over. and now the vin number doesn't matter. If you have a black key you are in trouble ,get the tan one ,it has the chip .You need proof to have that one made up .

[/align]

Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Max00racer
Veteran

bastards. I got a prestige alarm system and dark tints, hell idc about my wheels though, those damn things cost more to replace than to buy a nicer set so I'll just count on my insurance company to back me up. Idk how good the alarm is gunna help because nowadays you hear it and pay no attention to it.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:02 PM
derwood
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly how I feel about my wheels. Fed up with those lock nuts... maybe I won't feel the same way when I wake up one morning and my ride looks like jimmydaleo's truck.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:49 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: derwood

That's exactly how I feel about my wheels. Fed up with those lock nuts... maybe I won't feel the same way when I wake up one morning and my ride looks like jimmydaleo's truck.
That is true, not a fun lesson to learn. Tailgate locks are also a great idea.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

I read a report this year and last year on auto theft. Dodge Rams were the #1 stolen vehicle in the U.S. So guys, I know it is a bad experience, but remember, they steal the Ram because it is the most badass ride in the country. Period. . Oh yeah, car alarms don't do squat! I have Asian buddies who can disengage a car alarm in less than 30 seconds no matter what the car is and they can be driving the car in under 2 minutes, guaranteed! At least I can guarantee you guys that an Asian won't steal your truck, right?

Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

Look at my photo galery. you will see what happens when you sleep.
You needed a good dog

Old 07-29-2007, 02:17 AM
muscleman320
Professional

well.. im no expert, but one thing ive been worried about is the rear sliding window, my latch has broken 3 times now and im not sure why, this could be the esaiest way for someone to get in. its nearly impossible for them to pop the locks because i locked my keys in once and the locksmith came and he had a lot fo trouble gettin it out because the window goes so far down in teh door even when its up.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:44 AM
FL Cracker
Rookie

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911
I have Asian buddies who can disengage a car alarm in less than 30 seconds no matter what the car is and they can be driving the car in under 2 minutes, guaranteed!
I hope these guys are legitimate repo men!
If not, I'd be looking for new buddies.[:-]

Old 07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Not necessisarily(sp), they might be the ones I'd wanna keep on my "friends" list..

Quick Reply: theft of Rams