3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rancho Adjustable shocks Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 PM
MexiRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Adjustable shocks Question

This might be like a stupid question but does anyone know how to adjust the firmness on the rancho shocks. I think 2 of them are RAN-RS99269 the other two are RAN-RS99282. I know they have a **** on the but which way is softer lower number or higher?

Old 07-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rancho Adjustable shocks Question

Taking a stab here it should be screwing in is tighter and screwing out is looser.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:21 PM
MexiRam
Professional

So turning the **** clock wise should be tighter or stiffer ride right. Ya Ther is no numbers on the **** i dont think.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think so. They would be increasing the pressure on the gas cylinder inside so that makes sense.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:17 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My 9000x's have numbers from 0-9, with 9 being the stiffest. Mine came from the shop that installed them along with the Rancho Suspension Lift set at 3. I changed them all to 5 just as soon as I got it home and got under there. Why, I don't know, but the ride is good, so at 5 they stay...

Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 PM
MexiRam
Professional

Thanks Ill try 5.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

How do you like that Rancho lift... been looking into it and trying not to make a rush judgement by going with the more popular skyjacker (heard there were some front suspension sagging issues). I also saw in aQuadratec catalog a onboard control system for those shocks, so you could change the firmness from inside the rig on the fly... I don't know if this is a jeep specific kit or universal, but looked pretty slick. Any thoughts?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I really like the Rancho lift. At 4" it's perfect for running 35's, I think the look is just right, plenty of room without too big a gap that I think 6" w/35's have.
A guy I used to play golf with had the Skyjacker on his '03, he tried to talk me into it when I was looking. I bumped in to him at the golf course a few weeks ago, and he told me I made a wise choice, as his truck was back to stock after having major problems with his lift. I don't know any details, as he was playing in a 4-some and just happened to be going past me on an adjoining fairway.
I had only had body lifts before, but the ride quality is great with this suspension lift, so much so, that I'd never do a body lift again. I have two good friends who run 35" tires with 6" of lift, and I think my truck handles a good bit better than theirs because of the 2" less lift, and they both agree (although they both would not give up the 2" of height for better handling).

They had the onboard system on display where I bought my lift kit (were running a special at the time and the RS9000X shocks were included free, which saved me about $360), I thought it was pretty slick, but I have had my shocks at the same setting since day one, so it sould be a waste of money for me...

I have a few pics of the truck w/ 4" Rancho Liftrunning 35's in my gallery...
https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...=1&apage=1

Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Thanks for the info man!

Quick Reply: Rancho Adjustable shocks Question