3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:05 AM
kethryes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Plate?

any one in texas know anything about this

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodo...l/HB01666I.htm

Old 08-02-2007, 06:49 AM
white26golf
Veteran
Default RE: Front Plate?

Sweet! i hope that is for real. I moved to Texas about 2 years ago (in the army) and got away with not having the front one on for about 4 months, and finally gave in. If anyone else knows the real deal about this, let me know, so i can tell my wife to take it off finally!

Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Must be nice!! NY still requires 2 plates. I have run many vehicles w/ only one though. It helps to have a blue light on your roof. The cops tend to leave you alone about alot of the petty ****.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
kregier
Veteran

What's the big deal about this? I'm in Canada and we've had to have 2 plates for a long time so maybe I'm just used to it already.

I'll admit, vehicles do look better with out it, as it really seems to break up the look of the front, but I thought the purpose behind having a front plate was to as an aid to cops (not sure how exactly), or so if someone was tailing you and you were freaked out about it you could call the cops and pass on the plate number.

Quick Reply: Front Plate?