3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06/07 owners screwed by Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06/07 owners screwed by Dodge?

ORIGINAL: motorider228

I was happy with the warranty until I started to have to use it. If I knew my truck would give me this many issues I would have never bought it.
[sm=confused06.gif] Still trying to make sense of this statement.

I got 8/80 bumper - bumper on my 2004.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
eltupac
All Star

I wish we were like in the 50's. Where everything made in the USA meant something. It was quality.When I was in S. America eveyone wanted something "Made in USA". ****e. But thank the lawyers for suingfor even breathing. Too much regulation. Everything got expensive andso take quality away to make some profit. That's what we get for being greedy. Get more pay less.I wish we were like in the 50's, we wouldnt be in this position.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:56 PM
motorider228
Champion

ORIGINAL: Sir Hardin Thicke

ORIGINAL: motorider228

I was happy with the warranty until I started to have to use it. If I knew my truck would give me this many issues I would have never bought it.
[sm=confused06.gif] Still trying to make sense of this statement.

I got 8/80 bumper - bumper on my 2004.
My truck only has the 3/36 bumper to bumper. When I purchased the truck I was fine with having that warranty thinking my truck would not have issues, I was wrong. Now I wish I either investigated more and got a better warranty or perhaps bought another truck with a better waranty. I am still pleased with the vehicle, I am just afraid the waranty will go out then my motor will. Make sense?

Eltupac, you are correct. I am just tired of free trade. I am tired of pumping trillions of dollars every year into 1st and 2nd world economys while ours falls flat on it's face. I think things like NAFTA and SAFTA are going to be the demise of our economy. I also think sweat shops should be illegal and American corporations taking their business to China should have to pay the Chinese workers what they would have to pay American workers. This would end up bringing the American corporations back to the United States. Why would they want to pay some children in Taiwan the same amount as some factory workers in America? I try to buy as much of my stuff as possible from American made companies, the quality may be the same and it may end up being more expensive, but I would rather put money into the wallets of the working class of the United States than the owners of the huge businesses running the sweat shops.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
lewpuckett
Professional

not at all...

if you but the extended warranty they offer a lifetime bumper to bumper but you have to ask for the chrysler warranty runs about $2700 but it is lifetime.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FL Cracker

ORIGINAL: John M
Actually, federal law says the burden of proof is theirs. They have to prove that I didn't; I don't have to prove that I did.
That's absolutely right. If they ever refused to fix a warranteed defect on my truck because I couldn't produce "proof" that I had properly mantained it, they would have my attorney knocking at their door real quick.
Not to sound like the bad guy here but, Dealers don't have to prove anything. They don't have to honor any warranty. Dealers can refuse to warranty anything if they really want to. Even Chrysler can't make a dealer honor a warranty. Chrysler can make it hard for a dealer but cannot make them do anything. Dealerships are independently owned and can just tell you that they are not going to warranty anything. Don't bash me here, just wanting to share info.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

Can we "fight" this? Well, do you think we have the upper hand if we were to ask Dodge for their "new" warranty? I'm not worried, we purchsed the extended warranty. But then again, maybe our warranty is Dodge's new base warranty...
07's can get the lifetime warranty for the low low price of $1600. This is of course applies to those who purchased one before the lifetime warranty came out. I got a flyer from my dealer Friday with info on the warranty. Don't know that I will fork out $1600 and buy it, especially since the offer ends on the 30th of September.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
partsmore

Have my Daytona for 24k, never went to the shop;
Just brought my 07 Yellow Ram,
Changing intake, exhaust, and other items, and would be surprised if
it ever needs anything in 24k either.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:44 AM
topcop38
Professional

i bought a 2006 commander new on 3/13/06 and recently purchased an extended warranty for about $2800. am i eligible to get the lifetime warranty? i haven't gotten anything in the mail.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Antjmar
Rookie

Could you scan it and post the flyer That doesnt sound too bad. Or if you can just tell me name and number of dealer I think I will buy it!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:31 PM
danorosco

I bougt a used 02' QC 4.7 2WD about a year and a half ago. It had 48,000 miles when I bought her, and today she has just under 138,000 miles on her. She runs like a champ. And I have a 100 mile round trip drive eveery weekday, and thats up and down some decent grades. I bought a 45,000 extended warranty but never used it. All I do is routine maintenance stuff. I might consider a new truck in a year or two though. Depends on what actually comes out and how well they perform.

Quick Reply: 06/07 owners screwed by Dodge?