3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well I got to the 30's

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
eltupac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I got to the 30's

I searched for yous guys take on the 30,000 service. Some of yous got ripped off, some of yous says "DIY". I really find it annoying as hell that I have to do all this crap on a 30,000 mile TRUCK. Spark plugs? Tranny? Axle fluid? That's one thing I like about Fords and Toyotas, none of that service until 80,000 or 120,000 miles. But hey, I bought into this, so nows I gots to bite it.

So some of yous recommended NGK plugs, do these come already gapped? What abouts those that have 2 or 4 splits? some of yous said them sucked.

I saw the Diff service DIY link and it looks very simple. I am gonna venture and do it. ****e, the stealer wants $200 + tax to just do that. I only wish I knew how to swap gears and I would do that too. But I am getting 4.10 in November for $700.00.

Tranny, drain and fill, so so so hard.

Does the PCV really get that dirty after 30,000 miles? I'll replace it just for kicks, its like $5-$10 bucks anyway.

I think those are the biggies. The oil change and fill fluids, COME ON! Yeah let me pay $100 for that at the stealership.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Well I got to the 30's

If you have a maintenance contract then the tech follows that. But if don't then its up to you want done. And you do need to ck the gap on spark plugs, they are gap but don't know if they are gap right.