3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

buying new ram, have questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
topcop38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: buying new ram, have questions...

my dealer also told me i only need to bring the truck in every 5 years for a check-up.
i also keep a spreadsheet of all my vehicle expenses with date and mileage.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just make sure you get the hemi. A great option you should get is the trailer tow package even if you don’t think you will ever use it. It adds to the resale value. I would opt for an 8’ bed. 4x4 would be an option depending on where you live and what you do with the truck. I decided against it. Light group (interior and under hood)and fog lights are a great option. Red

Old 08-24-2007, 05:26 PM
casper3380
Veteran

another reason for the tow package if not towing is the improved transmission cooling you get.. but other than aftermarket stuff, i wouldnt change anything.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
RAM1500Bill

Thanks for all the replies. I'm definitely going with the sunroof, leather bucket seats, tow pkg, limited slip, pwr tow mirrors, and protection group. I'm still on the fence regarding the factory gps/navigation unit and chrome side steps. I'd like to have both but wonder if I can do better (price/quality/etc) with after market products. Opinions? I also can not seem to make up my mind on the color; torn between the Mineral Gray and the Inferno Red (maybe even 2-tone, inferno with khaki bottom).

Thanks again,
Bill

Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: RAM1500Bill

Thanks for all the replies. I'm definitely going with the sunroof, leather bucket seats, tow pkg, limited slip, pwr tow mirrors, and protection group. I'm still on the fence regarding the factory gps/navigation unit and chrome side steps. I'd like to have both but wonder if I can do better (price/quality/etc) with after market products. Opinions? I also can not seem to make up my mind on the color; torn between the Mineral Gray and the Inferno Red (maybe even 2-tone, inferno with khaki bottom).

Thanks again,
Bill
MINERAL GRAY!!! lol. The mineral gray is a nice color. Personally, I'd choose that over the red! The Laramie is fully loaded. We have a Laramie and we have everything! Well, except the Navi, Moonroof, and... yeah. Those 2. lol. You getting a HEMI or a CTD? I'd get the CTD!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
RAM1500Bill

I know, decisions decisions…my first Ram was Black (1998), my current Ram is White (2002),,just want something different…hmmm

Regarding the power plant, I’m going with the Hemi. I live less than 10 miles to work and will rarely be towing anything. As much I’d love to have a CTD, it’s a bit of an overkill for me; Moreover,the lifetime warranty does not apply to diesels and I plan on giving this truck to my son in 11 years or so! lol

Quick Reply: buying new ram, have questions...