3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

buying new ram, have questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
RAM1500Bill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying new ram, have questions...

Couple of questions for those "in the know":

- What, if any, rebates are being offered on '08 ram 1500 mega cabs?
- If ordering a new vehicle from the factory, can you get it without badging on the side (1500, etc..)?
- If you had to do it over, what option/s do you wish you would have gotten on your ram? Why?

I currently have a '02 Ram 1500 SLT QC and nowin the market for a new '07/'08 laramie meaga cab....Thanks,,,I love this site!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: buying new ram, have questions...

Rebates, not sure go to dodge.com and see if they have them posted. They do have the new lifetime powertrain warranty which is nice.

Debadged.... i don't believe they come factory debadged, but if you get ready to sign the papers for a new truck, right before you sign tell them you'll buy it if they take all the badging off otherwise you'll walk. Its a simple process so any half assed dealer will just say ok and get it taken care of.

Options, the only options i REALLY want that i dont have are a moon roof and the auto dimming rear view mirror...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 PM
livetokite
Veteran

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Rebates, not sure go to dodge.com and see if they have them posted. They do have the new lifetime powertrain warranty which is nice.

Debadged.... i don't believe they come factory debadged, but if you get ready to sign the papers for a new truck, right before you sign tell them you'll buy it if they take all the badging off otherwise you'll walk. Its a simple process so any half assed dealer will just say ok and get it taken care of.

Options, the only options i REALLY want that i dont have are a moon roof and the auto dimming rear view mirror...
i'll second that.

i have the moon roof and dimming mirror though.

also the nav/sirius. which comes in great use.

i wish i would have gotten leather, but since you are getting the laramie then you get that

Old 08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Hemiriden
Professional

- What, if any, rebates are being offered on '08 ram 1500 mega cabs?

Ram 1500 Mega Cab
$5000#
or
0.0 / 0.0 / 3.9 / 5.9% FOR 36 / 48 / 60 / 72 months(link)

- If ordering a new vehicle from the factory, can you get it without badging on the side (1500, etc..)?
You can get it without the badging off the lot... just ask them when you buy it that you do not want it on the truck and they will take it off.... i had it done it was an out model (meaning you can't order the model year anymore) because i was going to paint it anyways and the paint shop was gonna charge to remove them...

- If you had to do it over, what option/s do you wish you would have gotten on your ram? Why?
FIRST i'd have gotten a 4x4 (becase i've gotten stuck "a few" times because i keep believing that the 4x4 fairy will come down and make my front wheels spin for me...so i keep going when i should turn back).... second Leather (just because i like the feel and it hold it's value... if you odn't like leather get seat covers to cover the leather...) .... third moon roof and power rear window (because i like to look at the stars from inside... and i'm too lazy to open the back by hand and it is not safe while driving)... the last thing i'd really liked to have gotten factory is the garage door opener... i KNOW my truck will never fit in..but that is the primary means of entry into the house... so it would be nice to get rid of the 3 big rectangle boxes i currently have attached to my visor....

-R

P.S. Features I DO have... Sirius (Love it), 20" Wheel's, Tow Package ( a must have because if you have a truck you will tow somethin SOMEDAY eventually), spray in liner (Reflex - I LOVE THIS... unlike other's that let things slide around... reflex has a rubberised final layer... NOTHING slides ... even on those OH SH*T stops...OH and you can get it to match the existing paint of the truck) {link}

Some aftermarket nondealer toys for thought - Kenwood DVD player KVT-819DVD With Nav{link} JL 5.1 Surround sound Audio with Dual 10" subs, 5% rear and back seat window tint, 15% front window, 5% Sunvisor strip on windshield, Under cover Bed cover (weighs less than 60lbs)....{link} Nerf Bars, CAI, Borla Exhaust. Clifford Alarm with remote start, Paging, Auto window roll up when armed, manual roll down on aux button, and Engine disconnect when activated. This is different from starter disconnect. This litteraly cust off the power to everything... plug wires, alternator, computer... ect... (had to run a secondary power line to the radio because the alarm would reset it everytime cuz it would cut it's power) essentially it is battery alarm then truck for power flow... it is cool although i don't think it is a normal offered product. I had my friend do it, he's been in clifford alarms for ... ever i think...

Just food for thought... hope this helps...

Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
topcop38
Professional

the '07 quad cab has a $6000 rebate currently. it might go up from there closer to the end of the year but selection will be fewer.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 PM
casper3380
Veteran

it should be a few months before you will see rebates on the 08's, they are still trying to get rid of the 07's.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really love my Ram, but if i can offer you any suggestions, it would be the following:

Extended Warranty.
More Powerful A.C.
Extra layer of Clear coat paint.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:59 AM
cougar68

IF YOU ARE BUYING A DODGE FOR THE WARRANTY YOU BETTER KEEP EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT FOR EVERY MAINTENANCE ITEM LISTED IN THE MANUAL OR THE DEALERSHIP WILL NOT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY. ATLEAST THE DEALERS AROUND HERE. I TOOK MINE IN FOR AN EXHAUST LEAK, THE MANIFOLD WAS LEAKING. THEY ASKED TO SEE ALL MY RECEIPTS FOR THE OIL CHANGES. I TOLD THEM TO KISS MY A## AND WENT AND BOUGHT EDELBROCK HEADERS FOR IT AND INSTALLED THEM MYSELF. I PROBABLY WON'T BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT JUST DUE TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HAVE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH MY CHRYSLER SEBRING.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
mn12sc35gh

I expect that kind of thing from most warranties. My buddy put a new motor in his chevy pickup, andhe has to usespecific oils, and AC Delco filters and such, as well as keepevery record on it.

Though forChrysler's new lifetime powertrain warranty, I was told they just want to check it every few years (and they pay for it). Now I don't know if that's the policy of the dealer I dealt with or that's how they're all handling this.

And yeah, finding an 07 with all the options you want could be tricky. I had a hell of a time, but then I wanted a V8 6-spd with few options (I can't afford, nor really need all the bells and whistles :P). In the end I found a handful of 4.7 6-spd 4x4s with similar options (but that stupid work package... I wanted some chrome). It just took some searchng. But at the price I got I can't complain.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Hemiriden
Professional

ORIGINAL: cougar68

IF YOU ARE BUYING A DODGE FOR THE WARRANTY YOU BETTER KEEP EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT FOR EVERY MAINTENANCE ITEM LISTED IN THE MANUAL OR THE DEALERSHIP WILL NOT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY. ATLEAST THE DEALERS AROUND HERE. I TOOK MINE IN FOR AN EXHAUST LEAK, THE MANIFOLD WAS LEAKING. THEY ASKED TO SEE ALL MY RECEIPTS FOR THE OIL CHANGES. I TOLD THEM TO KISS MY A## AND WENT AND BOUGHT EDELBROCK HEADERS FOR IT AND INSTALLED THEM MYSELF. I PROBABLY WON'T BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT JUST DUE TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HAVE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH MY CHRYSLER SEBRING.
This is with any automaker today..... THIS is the reason i keep EVERY receipt for my truck (except gas).... I just get a big brown envelope and just keep the envelope in the back of my filing cabinet... this way when the dealer says you didn't do this or that.. i can say... YES I DID now fix it!

Trust me Ferd, GM, even imports (toy, honda..) will do this too... they are all out to make money

Quick Reply: buying new ram, have questions...