3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally got my new exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Big#44
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my new exhaust!!

So yesterday i finally got my exhaust in the mail. (thanks fedex for getting it to me at 6:30 in the evening!! [:@]) but we planned it all out yesterday and today we finally put it on. Not too difficult, although it was off of ebay the pipes were real nice. even mandrel bent. i also got the flowmaster super 44 with it.

now it sounds nice idleing. just like a V8 no lie. and i can go around the neighborhood and it sounds good, but as soon as i get on i dont really like the sound. it kinda winds up and pops a little bit. i cant really help it too much because the V6 is a high revving motor. but does anyone know of any mufflers that would sound good. ive heard of the dynomax, aero turbine and the FM 50 series.

any suggestions. i just want something that will sound decent through the whole rpm range.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Wishbone
Record Breaker
Default RE: Finally got my new exhaust!!

Magnaflow is probably going to be your best bet if you don't like the popping and cracking.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
eltupac
All Star

I second that one. I removed mine. I would really like to hear the AT2525 on it though.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Big#44
Professional

So magnaflow? I've heard that theyre just as bad, but it might be worth a shot. I really didnt fell like blowin 40 to 100 bucks a pop, trying to find a good muffler, but i really want it to sound ok.
Is the 50 series flowmaster loud at all?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 PM
eltupac
All Star

Its alright. I have it, but you will still get that ricer effect at higher rpms. No flowmaster will sound good that I know off. You'll spend hundreds trying to find that one flowmaster. I heard a magna on a 3.9 and it sounded nice, but the guy did not know the model number.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Big#44
Professional

Like it sounds great when its at idle, and even just cruising and accelerating i like it, but its at wide open throttle that it has that effect. idk, if any muffler at all could help it.........

Old 08-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Big#44
Professional

ok so i thought of something. what about those glasspack mufflers??? like this one

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...17:52:32-17648

gives you the option of the deep tone. with the glasspack mufflers. anyone have any experience with them?? what if i used that in combination with my flowmaster 44??

Old 08-31-2007, 07:29 PM
marv02
Captain

ORIGINAL: Wishbone

Magnaflow is probably going to be your best bet if you don't like the popping and cracking.
Thats if you want the annoying loud resonating in the cab noise at HWY speeds it sounds cool in town but to loud up on the HWY I had a Magaflow 20 inch 3 inch in 3 inch out I ended up taking off removing the Maganloud was the best thing I did.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:35 PM
marv02
Captain

ORIGINAL: marv02

Thats if you want the annoying loud resonating in the cab noise at HWY speeds it sounds cool in town but to loud up on the HWY I had a Magaflow 20 inch 3 inch in 3 inch out I ended up taking off removing the Maganloud was the best thing I did.
I ended up going with a aftermarket stock type muffler 3 inch in 3 inch out 20 inch long sound great at Idle sounds like a stock V-8 and nice rummble at HWY speeds next time I go by the place who put it on I asked them what brand it was.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Big#44
Professional

I ended up going with a aftermarket stock type muffler 3 inch in 3 inch out 20 inch long sound great at Idle sounds like a stock V-8 and nice rummble at HWY speeds next time I go by the place who put it on I asked them what brand it was.
does it have a nice rumble at idle?? i mean i want something that sounds like an aftermarket exhaust but right now when you rev it up it sounds likd a 240sx. which isnt bad i just dont want that for my full size truck.

if you find out let me know what type of muffler it is or whatever. is it like a name brand (magnaflow, flowmaster) cause i know the carry mufflers like what your describing.

idk, maybe im just trying too hard to get this thing to be a truck!!! lol

Quick Reply: Finally got my new exhaust!!