3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What did you do to your ram today

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:55 PM
VaderPainter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you do to your ram today

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

nice horns, I've been looking at some, how hard was the install (minutes?) also is it a deep low tone or high pitch?

I drove my truck around today just lookin at cows.
I spent about a week drawing up and fabricating the tray to hold the air compressor and 3 gallon air tank and figuring out a place on the truck to mount them that they would not be seen and still not lose valuble bed or interior space. Once I had it all ready to install it took me about 5 hours to do it right. I installed the tray andtri-horns on the pass side frame rail between the rocker panel and frame to keep the entire setup above the trucks natural ground clearance. I have a Power Wagon so there is nowhere to mount the horns up front of the engine (winch). I also wanted to be able to control the air compressor and horns with the same rocker switch so I ran dual 40 amp relays: one that turns on the air compressor and the other that swiches the horns from standard to train when the switch is engaged. The only issue I had withthe kit was that the air compressor supplied only lasted about a week before it burned up. I didnt use the horns that much in that time so I sent it back and got a refund. I found a Viair 380 compressor on Ebay for $270 thatwas much nicer and had more power and a one way valve built right in. Those low rider guys use them for the air suspensions, it will last forever just running my horns.

What do they sound like you ask? Well have you ever heard a train? Thats right, they sound just like a train coming down the tracks that because they are real train horns. You can see a video of the horns in use on you tube called scaring people with a train horn ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpa8whzwAE). It is the best video I have seen and it is freaking funny!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:39 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I dropped the butt end of my ram with some 2 inch drop shackles, I installed a hellwig rear sway bar, I had the rear resonator cutoff and a straight pipe put in its place, I changed all the damn 16 pain in the *** plugs, I remodified my intake system by removing the "HEMI" plastic box at the throttle body and running 3" tubing all the way up to the TB.

I actually did all of this over the last 2 days but whatever...
The sway bar and the 2" drop made a huge difference int he stiffness of the rear end, now it handles very well and actually got rid of some of the jiggles that the single cabs have. So now it has more of a car-like ride.

The removal of the rear resonator and the final intake mod make a bigger difference int he way the truck sounds, especially since I still have the stock muffler. When I get in it you can definitely tell its got the HEMI now and there was somewhat of an increase in power. My intake goes down to just behind the front bumper for what essentially equals out to ram-air. I bought one of ramairs little scoop things that goes by the radiator to help bring in some more cooler air into the engine compartment but it serves no use in the intake part of my setup, but for $35 whatever.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well lets see...over the last couple of weeks i had upgraded the front calipers from an 07 ram, painted all the door handles and tailgate handle, installed Baer drilled & slotted rotors, painted rear calipers silver to match the fronts, got my 22" on finally....and thats it for now.....oh well, i'm workin on gettin my headers and rest of the exhaust done....hopefully be done here within a week or so...we shall see

Old 05-11-2008, 12:34 AM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

oil change with amsoil.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Redram05baby

I De - Rooted A Tree, Then Dragged It Down The Street.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 AM
mfs212
Captain

In the last week I have replaced the shocks f&r with bilsteins...I guess I am riding the Z71 Ram now!...lol...Replaced the rear rotors with drilled/slotted dudes, and added some vent visors. Going tomorrow to get the windows tinted.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 AM
mfs212
Captain

Oh...and my touchscreen is ordered! Here I come TRUCKPUTER!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
david0991

Went down to the 7 Eleven bought some nicotine and a lotto ticket. On the way home floored my 2500 HEMI.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:50 AM
mustang_170556
Professional

i thought about it a lot. does that count? i'm in iraq and can't do anything to it. it's driving me crazy.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:06 PM
abarmby
Champion

Just hang in there bud!!

Like a good woman..................she'll be waiting for you when you get back and you'll have a greattime, doing what you want

Take care out there!
Regards,
A Brit in the UK, who appreciates all ourarmed forcesout there keeping us all safe!
YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR THOUGHTS!!!!

Al.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your ram today