3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What did you do to your ram today

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:17 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you do to your ram today

Wired up some back-up lights.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

I let my buddy borrow my truck, trailer and winch for the weekend, so he could tow his gf's car across town. (does not run, 4 flat tires.) He just called me and said he was trying to back up to the trailer with the tailgate down. SCRATCHED THE **** out of my tailgate. Above the handle. HUGE! HUGE SCRATCHES!!!! So his GF's dad works for nationwide, and he is getting it fixed at Killeen Collision Repair. I told him, they better do a good job. I better not be expected to pay for ****. It better look brand fukking new.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I guess he wasn't very proficient at backing with a trailer, or did it just hit the hand crack to put the trailer on the ground? Either way that should've been parallel to the ground while in operation. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new tailgate rather than just repainting the current one?

Old 04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

just ordered an ebay cai with my tax money i just found out 5 minutes ago i received. i paid $48.72. will be here in 1-6 days! im stoked now!!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: StevenMoffettKY

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

I let my buddy borrow my truck, trailer and winch for the weekend, so he could tow his gf's car across town. (does not run, 4 flat tires.) He just called me and said he was trying to back up to the trailer with the tailgate down. SCRATCHED THE **** out of my tailgate. Above the handle. HUGE! HUGE SCRATCHES!!!! So his GF's dad works for nationwide, and he is getting it fixed at Killeen Collision Repair. I told him, they better do a good job. I better not be expected to pay for ****. It better look brand fukking new.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I guess he wasn't very proficient at backing with a trailer, or did it just hit the hand crack to put the trailer on the ground? Either way that should've been parallel to the ground while in operation. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new tailgate rather than just repainting the current one?
He isnt very proficient at anything. I was nervous about letting him borrow my truck and trailer, but I am getting a full tank of fuel out of it. Now I am getting a full tank of fuel and a scratched tailgate. I am not paying for it, so as long as it gets fixed, I don't care.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 AM
VaderPainter
Rookie

Installed my train Horns. Yep that is right TRAIN HORNS! I got the $370 Level 2Kit from www.trainhorn.org. These things are sweet and loud! The horns that come on the Dodge truck have never impressed me so I went looking and found the loudest horns I could find. These tri-horn babys blast out at 175db. I have already driven by my local Pizza shop and scared the crap outta some cuties in the parking lot. I thought their boyfriends were going to beat my *** but they dropped to the ground laughing at the girls screaming and ducking behind cars in the parking lot. I should have got it on film, it was priceless.

Name:  IMG_0031.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0032.jpg
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  HPIM1028.jpg
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  HPIM1029.jpg
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  HPIM1030.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  56.1 KB

Old 04-21-2008, 01:44 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

i raced mine =)

Old 04-21-2008, 02:35 AM
RamItOne

nice horns, I've been looking at some, how hard was the install (minutes?) also is it a deep low tone or high pitch?

I drove my truck around today just lookin at cows.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 AM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

$84 in gas

Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 AM
dannyousley

Installed two new kicker C124 subs and Hifonics ZXI-6006 amp. bought a wiring kit for amp interface off ebay bad idea. factory radio wiring and aftermarket kit not captable. looking for a good Remote trun on switch wire try you cigerette liger (pink/yellow strip) works perfect. bestbuy wants $70 for that, they say it can only be done through steering collum BS. Box for under rear seat is nice but not enough air space, trying poly fiber filler in it.
installed amp under driver seat, you would have to have a really small amp to fit under seat on box. under driver works well

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4
4.7liter
K&N
true daul exhaust
tinted windows
side steps
two kicker comp 12's
Hifonics ZXI 6006 two channel amp
vent visors
chrome bug sheild
cobra radar
new 7 pin and 4pin trailer setup

Old 04-21-2008, 06:12 AM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

Finally got my dual steering Stabilizer put on Saturday. Wow, nice not having numb hands from the vibration after a short drive!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your ram today