3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

For those who have Auburn diffs.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
SLCHemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those who have Auburn diffs.......

I don't have an Auburn, but did throw on some covers from PML. The craftsmanship is excellent as well as the fit. It's easier to fill / drain and with the extra quart or so of lube should keep the gears a bit cooler. The below is a shot of the rear installed. The front is a little tricky if you've got a solid front axle but not bad overall...

[IMG]local://upfiles/28016/959999BC58CE4902AC0838CC3A597B61.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

i like those covers for the 2500's. i have a 1500.i wish they had thesame design for mine. i don't think they make them for the fronts on 1500's. it's way too tight anyway with the steering rack in the way. even with the rear it may be really close to the spare tire.

did you get the trans pan too? i may do that in the future when it comes timeto change the fluid.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

I didn't opt for the pan yet, but as I'll be coming up on my required service interval it keeps crossing my mind. I see what you mean on the cover for the 9.25...I don't like it as much. You might want to check your local 4X4 shop, they may have some you like. The best (in my opinion) local shop in my area has quite a few - link: http://www.jackit.com/diff_covers/diff_covers.htm The tech there told me they do a ton of mail order so if you see one you like I believe you can order from them...

Old 09-06-2007, 07:02 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a Mag-Hytec for my truck...it holds about 4 1/2 qts and it never has to be removed to change the fluid....has a dipstick in it so you can check the fluid level and has a spot so you can put a temp sensor in if you want to.....i'll try and remember to get some pics this weekend if i have time

Quick Reply: For those who have Auburn diffs.......