3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LSD or Open Diff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hemiriden
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LSD or Open Diff?

I said the same thing in my original post... I've heard about it online., but have no clue where to look... but I do know you can get the same thing from a dealer, it is whereI got mine... and it took them 48 hours to get it from there...but they printed it out and everything... I was not being completely serous about getting dirty.... unless you just wanna have fun.... or you have a 4x4 and can keep the front on solid ground to get your self out lol.... Just a few tips.... save the dirt for last if possible...

Old 09-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Hemiriden
Professional

I did some reasearch for you.... here is the OLD forum and the link to check it online...

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/unive...amp;category=R

Old Forum...
https://dodgeforum.com/m_422210/tm.htm

Old 09-07-2007, 04:14 PM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Hemiridden. I'll try that form and see whats up. Actually I'll probably try the dealer first. Just kidding about the dirt. Its an '02 and has been dirty before.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Hemiriden
Professional

I'm sure it has been dirty before... i said that cuz i don't want you yelling at me cuz you had to pay a tow truck driver to pull you out of the mud... LOL... your in the military... you know about CYA... all i'm saying is i don't recommend trying to get stuck or purposfully getting stuck to find out...LOL... anything you do you do on your own free will

Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
biglg
Professional

You can also call chrysler/dodge and give them your VIN and they can tell you the options. I called once to inquire about a vehicle I was going to buy and they gave me the build info in about 3 minutes. I got the phone number off their website.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:29 PM
emeraldcoupe

great thread. i just bought an 03 qc yesterday. went out to check the axle and the tag said 3.92 trac lock. thats great as i'll be towing my pop up camper and my mustang

Quick Reply: LSD or Open Diff?