3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Honda vs Ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
topcop38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honda vs Ram

i had a mostly stock 70 olds w-31. its the small block version of the w-30 442. it had the 350 4 spd. 3.91 gears and factory ram air hood. it was black with the factory white stripes. also had a 69 chevelle (the 650hp car), a 66 nova that i stripped down and never finished and the last one was a 57 chevy 393 small block dynoed at 552hp on pump gas. sold it to a guy in sweden. and none of them had NOS.
texas, maybe i'll scan a few pics of the w-31 for ya.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That was always my dream car, the Olds 442. Had a buddy, kinda my mentor actually, he was about 16 years older than me, was playing minor league ball when he got the call to 'Nam. He bought a used 442 when he got out. Big Yankees fan, it was Navy with white hood stripe, had the Yankee logo painted on the hood. Great car, he kinda mentored me through high school ball, a brief stint in the minors, and played a good bit of semi-pro ball together till he got older & did the softball thing and I got married & moved south.
I always loved that car, I got a 350 Nova, and he'd smoke my ***, let me catch up, then smoke me again. He had that thing airborne and lost the muffler & tailpipe on more than one occassion with me in the navigator seat! Damn it sucks to get old...

Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 AM
minnesotamopar
Rookie

Wow, good thing he came to pick up his girlfriend and not your daughter... ;-)

--Matt

Old 09-25-2007, 01:25 PM
texas_rebel_1980
Professional

that would be cool, topcop! my dad had a 442 that was balanced and blueprinted. i loved to pull out the pics of it and drool over that car, it was a sky blue color. it had so much torque, my mom said the first time she rode in it with him, he took her out and did donuts, when he hit the gas the bolts holding the seat down snapped!(and back then my mom was petite, so no jokes LOL)

Old 09-25-2007, 02:17 PM
firebrink

I am from that younger generation, but fortunately my father taught me better than to let me get in to that rice burning crap. I do have to say these other "kids" out here are crazy for the money they (or should I say their parents) put into these hondas, toyotas, and nissan's and such. My old Trans Am WS6 I bought with money I saved up as a kid (and a little help from the bank)would kill most of the other cars back when I was in school, and that was stock. After I got a descent job I added an STS Turbo and a few other goodies from SLP and I was putting 453 HP at the wheels and 487 TQ (Peak of course). And still probably had less money in it than most of those rice burnin noice makers. Just to show you that not all of the young generation is a lost cause. Hopefully one day I can afford to get a nice old muscle car that I can garage and take care of, just not there yet. Love the HEMI though. For a truck, its tough to beat. All around performance. Oh yeah, I still laugh at the rice burners that show up at the classics car shows. It is like they just want to fit in so bad. There is a neon that shows up that has more colors under the hood thana big box of Crayola's. I just couldn't subject myself to that kind of embarrasment.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
eltupac
All Star

Oh you guys bring back so many memories, like my first model T. I remember when I saved up my $238 to buy me a used one. Then I started modding it by removing the crank handle and replaced it with something called an electronic starter. Then my first date on that nice firm back seat. Oh the memories.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 PM
topcop38
Professional

i had a friend that bolted in racing seats with no washers. his g/f was about 400lbs and the car was a stick. he slammed 2nd one day and the bolts pulled through. the seat fell back onto his friends legs and he's yelling "stop, get her off me". hogie was laughing so hard he almost wrecked the car. he said she looked like a turtle on its back.

Quick Reply: Honda vs Ram