3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is this suppose to be here, whats this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 PM
jbs_hemi4x
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this suppose to be here, whats this?

I've read a lot of post, and just got confused which is why I posted the pics and asked the questions on this forum, cause I needed help and information sorry if it's a repost of someone elses..[&o]

*You said the orange wire was stock, I don't know where it's suppose to go to. It's taped. Do I need to have it re-ran to where ever it came from?

I looked under the hood at lunch and the oil filler has avery short hoserunning from it to the housing that has the 'hemi 5.7L v8'label on it(intake?) in the center of the engine just to the left (if facing the vehicle). So I thinkthat it's quite possible that the 'air filter box cover'is from a different year vehicle cause it looks like the 07 shown in this thread.

**So my next question is directly to any 03 hemi owners, do you have the nipple on your air box, and if so is it capped or running to something?**

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying to make sure I dont do any damage to my 'new to me' Truck.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

JB

Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 AM
deanj287
Captain

^^ agreed commect it back to the small hole in the oil fill neck. its your pcv.

that wire is normal. i have one too. the 04 and up has a purple one

Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Deffinately reconnect the hose asap. it is required for emissions, I think it has something to do with coolingyour oil or something likebut Im not 100% sure on that. All I know is that without it the emissions here wont pass your vehicle. On my older trucks it connects from the air box/filter to the valve covers. As for the wire, wouldn't worry bout it.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 PM
jbs_hemi4x

I looked at the service manual and it appears that the air cleaner box lid on my truck is from a different model car than mines. The filler neck already has a hose on it. I'll post a picture tonight of the location of the hose to the filler neck. Hopefully it's suppose to be there. Anyone want to sell me there 03 air cleaner lid, I'd love to take it off your hands...

JB

Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I have an 05' air box that I dont need any more but I'm not sure if it would fit yours or not.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
jbs_hemi4x

Hey thanks truckin151,
But if I'm not mistaken the 05 also has the tube on it for the hose. If it doesn't....I'll take it

JB

Quick Reply: Is this suppose to be here, whats this?