3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rattling noise, 07 QC drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
slapshot12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise, 07 QC drivers side

I've started hearing a rattling type noise on my new 07 QC. It seems to be around the bed area, or back of the cab,on the drivers side when I hit a bump or rough pavement. It's something rattling around. I checked the spare tire and that wasn't it. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have an idea what it may be?? I hate to waste the time taking it to the dealer for something so minor.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:05 PM
topcop38
Professional
Default RE: Rattling noise, 07 QC drivers side

me and my next door neighbor both had loose spares on our '07s but you said you checked that.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Methos
Veteran

I don't know if it is located in the same place on a 1500, but check under the passenger seat and see if your jack handle or something is out of it's clips and rattling around. Drove me nuts for about a week until I found it, it sounded like it was coming from first one place then another. One end was still clipped in, but the other end was loose and rattling against the seat bracket.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:23 PM
eltupac
All Star

Ora loose heat shield.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i have a rattling noise comming from waht seems liek drivers sid ein my 06. it sbeen driving me nuts. cannot seem to find it anywhere. ive c hecked everything under the truck. seems likes its comming fromn th ebase of the seat somewhere but cant find it because it doesnt make the noise if i shake the seat or bounce on it. so annoying when i drive. i turn the music up loud to drown out the rattling

Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I doubled checked the spare tire and cranked it up until it clicked over and over. It wasn't loose. I also checked the jack and handle, they weren't loose either. I will crawl under the truck later and see if it is a heat shield or something obvious. If not, I guess it'll go to the dealer. It is just so annoying to listen to.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Laker

I also had a rattle that drove me crazy on my 07 qc. I found a loose nut on the cast aluminium piece under drivers side firewall, the washer behinda nut was rattling. Their are six big nuts to check and I think a couple of small ones. Also on a different subject, are you having any transmission issues with your 07 like rpm's changing a couple hundred on the highway?

Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 PM
slapshot12
Professional

Thanks, I will look at them also. I have noticed the engine does fluctuate rpm's a little at many speeds. I thought it was due to the "fly by wire" throttle being more sensative than the old throttle cable.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Laker

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...light=problems

Go to this link and see if this might be a problem your having also, if you are, let us know what kind of resolution you get if you take it to your dealer. dodge talk search07 acting up

Old 10-12-2007, 04:30 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I rolled around the whole truck today and didn't find anything obvious that was loose. I checked all of the exhaust hangers, drive train, all of the connections and boxes, and the spare. I may try sticking a small piece of foam above the spare just to definately eliminate that. I cranked it up until it clicked, but it could go tighter.

FYI, for those with the towing package, there is a 4 pin trailer connector tucked away on the drivers side of the hitch. I thought it only had the 7 pin connector. I found it by accident.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise, 07 QC drivers side