3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!! new HID kit not working..lights just flash

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:40 PM
dickbreakey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! new HID kit not working..lights just flash

ok guys so heres the deal. ive got everything set up correctly and according to diagram. checked all grounds. but heres what happens. when i turn on my lights, (high and low) all they do is flash. the new HID kit was out of the box today. not used. everything looks to be ok. both lights come on when they flash. and this little control module of some sorts, the main box from the battery before you get to the first ballast, clicks like a relay or somehting. and when it lcicks the lights go on. then it immediately clicks off, and lights go with. please if anyone has seen this before let me know.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
dickbreakey
Default RE: HELP!!! new HID kit not working..lights just flash

im desperate by the way and need to fix this before night time. thanks guys

Old 10-06-2007, 07:05 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

I have no experince with HID'S but her eare my only ideas.

Bad ballast, sounds like thats what it is anyway.

is everything hooked up TIGHT, and have you checked grounds. Try by passing the first box if possible, see if that helps. What does the first box do? inverter?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 PM
07 Mega Cab

Ah yes, the perils of the cheap eBay kits. I feel your pain, I had a set on my previous truck...but thereIS a permanant solution.

step one : Contact Donat service@xenonpimp.com, or call at (973)-417-7884and let him know the problem (he'll know already tho ) and you'll need his relay kit, it will fix the problem.

step two : Replace the tiny fuses in the kit with 20 or 25 amp ones (especially if you have the little 7 amp fuses), as the ones with the kits are usually WAY too small, and will pop incessantly...

BTW : This is a VERY common problem. Here's a quote from their site...

"Q: Will it work on my Dodge charger or other newer Daimler Chrysler vehicle. Because I hear that you have flickering issues when you install them on newer Daimler Chrysler vehicles.
A: Yes. My kits will work with your newer Daimler Chrysler vehicle MOST other kits wont work right and you will get flickering with other kits. Some places charge you extra money for a solution to this problem, I supply the plug and play solution free with the purchase of a kit. Just ask the guys at the chargerforums.com"

Quick Reply: HELP!!! new HID kit not working..lights just flash