3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pics of new and relocated badges before and after....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of new and relocated badges before and after....

ORIGINAL: motorider228

What did you use to get all the gunk off? Looks good man. I'm thinking of going the no badges at all route though. I really like the look like jimmydaleos and hemiyellows badge less trucks.
I went to buy some Goo Gone but of course Home Depot was out of it so I bought a similar product
that worked well. I got it all off then cleaned it up really good then used some good wax on it a few times, good asnew.On the drivers side I must of used to much of it because I could tell where the paint was kinda cloudy so I used some rubbing compoundthen wax and that brought the shine back.
I also did some research and found that Goo Gone makes a special product just for removing that ****, comes with a scrapper too that wont scratch paint. Here is the link.

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/washt...uct_id/229.htm

Old 10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dire Wolf

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

You now need to remove DODGE on the gate. The Ram head was the replacement for that.
Dont really know if I am keeping the Ram head on there. I misplaced it, I lined it up straight but not in the middle of the handle so it looks kinda funny. If I can get it off and reuse it then that was my plan was to remove the Dodge emblem.
The Ram head would be easy to reuse. Just have to go to a car paint store and get some trim tape. I noticed it was a little out of place but did not want to rain on your parade It also needs to move slightly closer to the handle (up). Stop at the dealer with a ruler and take some measurements prior to relocating.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dire Wolf

You now need to remove DODGE on the gate. The Ram head was the replacement for that.
Dont really know if I am keeping the Ram head on there. I misplaced it, I lined it up straight but not in the middle of the handle so it looks kinda funny. If I can get it off and reuse it then that was my plan was to remove the Dodge emblem.
The Ram head would be easy to reuse. Just have to go to a car paint store and get some trim tape. I noticed it was a little out of place but did not want to rain on your parade It also needs to move slightly closer to the handle (up). Stop at the dealer with a ruler and take some measurements prior to relocating.
Thanks for the idea of going to a Dealer, I actually went off a pic from my local dealer of a new Ram for placement of the Hemi badge. I am glad I did it, for about an hour of work it made it look so much better. I really did not like the Magnum badge.

Quick Reply: Pics of new and relocated badges before and after....