3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Black Ram? Factory Pin Stripes, or no pin stripes??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:38 PM
biglg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Black Ram? Factory Pin Stripes, or no pin stripes??

I have a black 07 Ram QC. I cant decide wheter I want to remove the little black/white pin stripe that is along the sides of my truck. They are from the factory and I cant decide whether it would look better without it. Anyone that knows what I am talking about I would appreciate your opinions!

If you had a newRam with these factory pin stripes and removed them I would love pics. Also love pics of an 06-07 Ram wihthout the stripes. Preferrably a black truck. Thanks guys and input would be appreciated!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 AM
BLACKTRX4
Rookie
Default RE: 2007 Black Ram? Factory Pin Stripes, or no pin stripes??

As far as I know the factory does not put pinstripes on the vehicles, usually the dealer has someone contracted with them to come in and stripe vehicles on the lot. If they are factory they will be painted on and not stick on.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 AM
biglg
Professional

ORIGINAL: BLACKTRX4

As far as I know the factory does not put pinstripes on the vehicles, usually the dealer has someone contracted with them to come in and stripe vehicles on the lot. If they are factory they will be painted on and not stick on.
That may be true! However, they were on their when it was new on the lot.I see a lot of the 2007's with the pin stripes!

Anyways, I took mine off yesterday and it lookes much better. Thanks to all who helped make the decision and posted pics!

Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Bob5150
Rookie

That may be true! However, they were on their when it was new on the lot.I see a lot of the 2007's with the pin stripes!
Yeah, because like the above poster said, the dealer has someone come out and stripe the vehicles. A factory stripe is almost always painted on, not stick on, and the factory wouldn't bother with little pinstripes.

Quick Reply: 2007 Black Ram? Factory Pin Stripes, or no pin stripes??