3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck got broken into. =(

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 AM
///Matt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck got broken into. =(

Some a-hole broke my window and stole my brand spankin' new flip out dvd player. [:@]

Now I get a new window, a new dash, a new radio bezel, and a new radio. yay me.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Default RE: Truck got broken into. =(

hmmmm.....who knew you just got a new dvd player? not that i think any of your friends would do that, but it is the first thing that came to my mind. a lot of that kind of thing goes on with tires and batteries. peopletarget you for a nice ride and watch youor intentionally slash your tires or steal your battery knowing that you will get a new one. then they come back and rape you for the new stuff. anyway, sorry to hear that man. insurance?

Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 AM
///Matt
Rookie

yeah, insurance is covering it, minus my $500 deductible, but it's just a pain in my ***....

I think, if it was a purposeful theft and not a crime of opportunity, it was someone from the little audio shop I bought it from. That, or someone saw me using it on the road and followed me home.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
morganmkelly
Professional

...or maybe you talked about it and showed a bunch of pictures of it on some online forum...??

Old 10-11-2007, 07:39 AM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ///Matt

Some a-hole broke my window and stole my brand spankin' new flip out dvd player. [:@]

Now I get a new window, a new dash, a new radio bezel, and a new radio. yay me.
I hate thieves..........[:@]

Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

thats y i put in a smith and wesson security system sorry to here about the bad luck

Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he had a Smith & Wesson in there, they would have stolen that as well! [8D]

Matt--Sucks that it happened but a word of advice: You might consider getting that deductible lowered. I always maintain a $50 deductible on comp insurance. (I used to own a Jeep that never had the top on so stuff got stolen all the time) The difference in price is amazingly small and I don't care what they steal, I'm getting it back for $50. CollisionI keep at$500. Nothing else short of a garage you can do from somebody that'll break a window. They'll be gone before anyone would even pay attention to an alarm. It sucks.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hemiriden
Professional

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

thats y i put in a smith and wesson security system sorry to here about the bad luck
I keep a Remington 12 ga. with aSpringfield XD 45 backup security system. I also have (recommended for ANYONE who has money in their vehicle) a paging alarm. It pages the hand fob. I also have glass that you can't see into (not completely legal). I feel your pain though. I have had nice system stolen from me in the past... and with each oneI keep adding another level of security. I've had the alarm go off a few times at home, and when the key fob goes off you WILL hear it.... it is a loud squeeling noise... kinda like a fire alarm. If you want to make sure you hear it... keep a second set of keys (with fob) in the dresser drawer next to the bed... never again will your truck be tampered with without your knowledge.

Tip: If you have a shotgun get some of these: http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/lesslethalammo.html

#1 they dont' know it's rubber... and if you DO fire it they will SH*T there pants (I would) and it will knock them down... I keep 2 rubber, 2 Slugs, and 1 Birdshot in it for home defence. Ihave a simular setup for my 45... There are less-than-lethal ways to protect yourself....

Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ill do an alarm eventually with a pager and stuff but my house is the house on the block all the gangsters walk by sayin they are the crazy a** hicks dont mess with them get the neighbors gotta love my pop! lol

Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
kregier
Veteran

I think there are very few people who haven't had this experience. My truck got broken into about 3 years ago. They smashed the rear passanger door window and luckily only stole my gym bag. And the truck was parked directly under a street light (I was at the movies). But I agree 100% with Duso02, get your theft deductible as low as possible. One break in and it's paid for itself.

Quick Reply: Truck got broken into. =(