3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Daytona 1500 Exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
daytonaramrod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona 1500 Exhaust questions

I just bought a 05 Daytona, and ive noticed after i drive the truck and come to a stop, and when its in gear the exhaust makes a kind of a rattling noise, kind of like something is bouncing around inside, but i dont thinkg there is.......just wondering if anyone else with a daytona with the borla exhaust that there truck makes the noise also or if i should go get it replaced with a new one since it is still under warranty

Old 10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
nastyram
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Daytona 1500 Exhaust questions

look under the truck an see if it is hit anything

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Kooda
Rookie

Sounds like you have a cat. converter that has gone bad.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
RJTDakotaBoy
Professional

My 2000 Dak does the same thing... Definately the Cat

Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
daytonaramrod

so you think i should go get it replaced, obviously since im still under warranty

Old 10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Kooda
Rookie

Yup, just replace the Cat. Converter,I think the Borla Exhaust has a million mile warranty. At least that's what they say on their website.

I love the sound of a Borla exhaust, I want one for my 06 Night Runner.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...0-13-07041.jpg

Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
firebrink

ORIGINAL: Kooda

Yup, just replace the Cat. Converter,I think the Borla Exhaust has a million mile warranty. At least that's what they say on their website.

I love the sound of a Borla exhaust, I want one for my 06 Night Runner.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...0-13-07041.jpg
Hey, if you want one, I just cut the borla muffler and the two borla tips off of my Daytona and replaced it with a flowmaster. Well, actually the custom exhaust shop did it. It doesn't have Borla stamped anywhere on it but it is the so called borla exhaust that came from the factory on the Daytona. It does sound good and only has 16,000 miles of use. I am sure that any reputable exhaust shop could put it in without problem. Anyways, If you want it make me an offer. I'm not sure how much it is worth. Let me know if your interested.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Kooda
Rookie

I think the mufflers are different on the MDS Hemis....I notice Borla has a different part number for the 06 and 07 exhaust, for some reason.

If I were you, I would keep everything you take off that truck. When you go to sell it, it would make it worth more to someone that wants it as a collector item. Plus you might want to put it back on, after you tired of that Flowmaster, the Borla really does flow better.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
firebrink

I have been very undecided on whether I want to keep that stuff off of the truck or not. I just do not see how anyone can really look at this as a collector truck when so many of them were made. Well here is the way I look at it. My bank says that truck is worth the exact same as a regular dodge ram that comes with 20" wheels, power accessories, and a CD player and basically all the other accessories you can get without the Daytona trim, hood, and exhaust. So when I sell it, I will have to go back through putting all of the stuff back on it and unless an actual collector type person comes along, I am still only going to get what a regular ram is worth, or I will have to wait forever to get it sold. I had this argument with the finance company before with my old trans am, there is collector's value and there is actual value, and there are 100 times more regular buyers out there than collector buyers. Anyways I will probably be trading the truck in, or giving it to my wife since she loves it,if the Challenger turns out to be a decent car.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 PM
daytonaramrod

I'm definately going to get the cat looked at cuz its def. not a normal noise, i love the sound of the exhaust too, but this rattling im gettin pisses me off,

i Also want to shave the emblems off, wondering if any of you have done it, and if i have to worry about any holes behind them, im almost 100 percent positive they dont have holes like Ford would, but just to be safe.

Quick Reply: Daytona 1500 Exhaust questions