3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Squeaky front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
groeder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky front suspension

In the past, I had cranked up my torsion bars. I have since lowered them back to where they used to be. Around the same time, my truck developed a squeak. It has to be something in the suspension. Sometimes just a little jiggle from idling is enought to make it squeak. I can't hear it from outside the truck because of engine noise. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.[/align]

Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
hogdad
Default RE: Squeaky front suspension

Yes.Mine started last night. Sort of a creak/rattle from the front end. I sprayed all the bushings incuding the torsion bars and after a few miles it stopped. Pulled into my Dway tonight and it did it a little bit again. Could be temperature releated because once it warmed up late morning it stopped but tonight it cooled down and its coming back again. Probably bushing related, Not dangerous but freaking annying as hell......

Old 10-15-2007, 08:29 PM
marv02
Captain

I remember someone else had a noise in the front end they said take a good look at you'r front Anti Sway bar mounts on the A-Arms his broke put a couple wreanches onit and see if you can turn them you should not be able to with a wreanchs on both ends on the bolt and nut.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 AM
groeder

Yeah, hogdad, that's exactly what it sounds like. It almost sounds like it's coming from the glove box until you sit on that side. I thought of spraying oil on all those areas, too, but I didn't know if the oils would break down the bushing material or not. Any thoughts?[/align]

Old 10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
FSUHEMI
Rookie

i've got the same problem.... the only permanent fix would be to go to urethane bushing

Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
masonman85
Rookie

yeah i had a thread going a couple of months ago on this same thing...i still have the noise but i know its my bushing because when its raining out i dont hear a single sound lol...the only way to fix it is to either put urethane in there or take everything out and put a little lube around everything..i just can't be bothering to be honest to do either of them

Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
hogdad

I hope its not the bushings already! 2004 truck with 21000 miles. Geez this will be a short lived romance for me. No tolerance for that type of ****.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
masonman85
Rookie

mine is an 06 lol so they went pretty quick although i now have 88 000 km

Old 10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
chadmech28
Professional

If you have a squeak when you turn the wheels, at slow speeds it's prob the lower ball joint going dry. I have changed lots of them for this issue.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 PM
FSUHEMI
Rookie

so i got under my truck today and had a friend bounce on my westin bars and it took about about 5 minutes to figure out where my squeak was coming from. I sprayed all the joints and bushings with white lithium grease but that didnt fix my problem. so what is next next natural course of action? i popped the hood.... AND GLORY BE... the damn thing stopped squeaking. come to find out that it was the springs on the hood latch... a good spraying with lithium grease and theres not a squeak to be found

Quick Reply: Squeaky front suspension