3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

STS TURBO INSTALL BIG PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
paulshemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS TURBO INSTALL BIG PROBLEMS

I have a sts turbo kit including smt6 programer. shop in town did the install. Truck has now been in the shop for over 1 month!! 1st the smt6 came to us unprogramed is that even possable at this point I dont know?
2 weeks later we get it back and now i have all kinds of problems from the ac compressor relay swith to the throtle? I guess my question is could the smt6 if it was bad cause all these problems with wiring? Or did the shop that is trying to do the install cause these problems by crossing some wires or something. I only know that I love my truck and wish that I would have left it alone. Any advise would be very much appreciated. O and the ecm is new so thats not the problem

Old 10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: STS TURBO INSTALL BIG PROBLEMS

i would take the truck to another specialty shop have them diagnose the problem and have the shop that installed it pay for it!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Ben D.
Champion

sounds like your shop has no idea what they are doing. get ur truck outta there and somewhere else.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

The smt6 can very well come w/o a tune. Whoever you buy it from puts the initial tune on generally. What is your truck information and what wiring instructions were used with the smt6? Do you have a tune on it now? Did you get the 8 large injectors and 2 bar map sensor? Who did you buy the smt6 package from?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
dodgelv05ram

I did get the injectors and the map sensor, smt6 does have a program on it as far as I know.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
dodgelv05ram

smt6 came from performance injectors,

Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

Take the truck out with a laptop hooked up and start the smt6 data logging. Run it around some and then stop the logging. It'll create two files in the smt6win folder. Zip those two files, gotta zip them or email will rip the txt apart, and email them to me at hemifever@aol.com. The names will be like smt6.004 and smt6004.raw or something similar.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a wiring error. We all had it in the beginning.

But, hemifever is one of the best. Do what he says and you are in good hands.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:58 PM
FrostKing
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same feeling you had initially after the install. Trust me, nobody will get the sh*t eating grin off your face after the first wide-open blast!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
paulshemi

just came from the shop I really thought that my guys here in town could have made a mistake but I really dont think so any more. Here is the senario at this point, we had lots of error codes as I said relay for the compressor has been replaced the actual gas pedel has been replaced, And remember when I explain all this to you I dont completely understand it all. Anyway after all that was replaced this morning and the error codes were all cleared truc ran and drove fine with no boost. as soon as the smt6 was hooked back in error codes again as before. I just saw it, it will idel but nothing else. 3 weeks ago when the smt6 first arived and was bad there tec support had the shop here in town hook it up to a lap top and confermed that there was no program in the smt6, they tried to program it here and could not. We then sent it back 2 weeks later I get the same unit back in the same box we sent it in and as I have explained here we go again. I will have devine1customs do as you have said and I am greatfull for any and all help I can get at this point. I as you all no love my truck and have a lot invested here. is the wiring digram they sent wrong? Cant do anything tonight but I will get the info emailed to you and again thank so very much for all your help.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: STS TURBO INSTALL BIG PROBLEMS