3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What else can i do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 02:45 PM
OrngGtxHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else can i do?

I have already put on an AEM C.A.I system, throttle body spacer, and a JET performance chip, and dual exhaust on my 04 Hemi. what else can i do to get a lot of horsepwer w/out having to spend a lot of money??? Has any one put on headers?

Old 11-10-2004, 03:31 PM
FrankDaTank
Default RE: What else can i do?

I also have a 2004 Hemi and am starting with Headers and Dual Exhaust working my way up tour List. When Shopping for headers make sure how many Catalytic converters you have and then check with the manufacturer for that header to be made for the right amount of Cats with the before ordering. I'm telling you this because I ordered some Thorley Headers from Summit that they said would fit a 2004 but Guess what No they did not, I'm now ordering some JBA headers that should fit.

BTW.. The Throttle Body Spacer do you think it Helped?? I'm not completely sold on the Idea.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
B][GT
Professional

Whats size of pipe did you use for your exhaust, you might have actually hurt your hp/trq. Headers will give you abit more, might wnat to check out new high flow cats also. To bad you got that jet chip, the computer will soon work back to its factory settings, to compinsate for the jet addon.

Old 11-10-2004, 04:03 PM
OrngGtxHemi

ok, thanx for the heads up.. do you know about how much hrspwr the headers added??? i put the throttle body spacer on because its cheap and its and easy 5-6 hrspwr!! not to much, but hey, in the end it all adds up.

I think my pipes are 2.5" but im not too sure, they were on there when i got it from the dealer ship. i never really looked though. what do you mean the computer will work back to stock settings??? are you tellin me that i wasted my money on it? how long does it take before it goes back to stock settings??

Old 11-10-2004, 04:05 PM
OrngGtxHemi

this is what my truck looks like by the way, except i have chrome 20's on it
http://www.lawest.com/gtxtreme.htm

Old 11-10-2004, 04:22 PM
B][GT
Professional

If you went dual exhaust off the stock pipe, thats 3". Way to big for tru dual. youll loose your bottom end torque. As for teh jetchip, i dont know how long itll take, just everything ive read about them, from others that have them, say they suck ***, and since it doesnt reprogram the computer, just .. makes the puter lie, its gonna re-correct itself to make up for jet's addon. if that makes sense. That exhaust might be just a dual tip setup, and not tru dual, not to sure, youll have to crawl under her to figure that out. Nice truck btw, what colour did you go with?

Old 11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
OrngGtxHemi

i have the orange one. i know its not true dual exhaust. its 1 inlet 2 outlet, but it sounds nice. i will probably get true dual soon, just waitin on that money. i guess i might have to look into another puter chip. do you know any others that are good or that youve heard good things about?

Old 11-10-2004, 09:19 PM
B][GT
Professional

Well thats good if its 1in 2out, leave it that way, jsut replace the muffler to a better one. As for the chip, your sol for now, hypertech is working on one, its in beta testing, superchips might be aslo, they were the first ones to break the 2003 puter code, but we have a different computer.