3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:40 PM
MoparRob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

What they dont show you is the sand bags in the back of the Toy. Lol j/k that commercial is stupid, specs on gearing and lsd/open, you also need to compare tires. I admit toyotas commercials are ammusing same w/ fords. But any1 that buys a vehicle because how it preformed in a commercial is a moron. IMO toyota has good advertisers shi*ty trucks.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 AM
JayH2112
Veteran

I don't even really have any loyalty to Dodge at this point but even I could see this was obviously rigged. Once the Ram started smoking its tires, (while the Tundra had its brakes locked) there was no chance.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

Nice truck, now their tailgates are falling off.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...res-i-am-club/

Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Hemiriden
Professional

ORIGINAL: MoparRob
***** IMO toyota has good advertisers shi*ty trucks.
Aparently proven by Wishbone's

ORIGINAL: Wishbone
Nice truck, now their tailgates are falling off.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/114436-tundra-tailgate-failures-i-am-club/
That is really sad.... Glad I own a ram... I've loaded well over 500 pounds on my gate and drove that way (slowly)... and nothing wrong with it.... Anyways, I still agree with MoparRob, The video was setup. Never believe a dealer or their tests...

I wonder though.... I'm SURE they didn't buy that ram in the video... it was probabily a trade in.... did they resell it? if so i'd feel sorry for the person who bought it... it was smoking pretty bad... and not just from the rear tires...

Old 10-23-2007, 11:32 AM
5point7 hemi
Professional

OK, now lets take a look at a pull off against a 5.7 RAM with LSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qVQWNd_mGw&mode=related...Ram%20Dual%20Exhaust

Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
ksuper2

that's B.S. and the tundra still looks like ****.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i know its not a dodge, but i love this picture

Old 10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

I'm not much into pullin' like they show, it's awfull hard on a vehicle that we all pay good money for. Regardless, my personal opinion is I don't like the way the Tundra looks compared to the Ram. The front end just looks stunted or something. I can't argue with the overall reputation for quality that Toyota has built, and have had friends that have run 'em 'till the ony thing left was rust and wheels....

I do however have to say that last weeked a friend (who drives an '06 2500 CTD) and I were visiting a local Home Depot to buy some materials. A guy pulled in right next to him with a shiney new pretty blue Tundra, got out and told his female partner (wife, sister, don't know) "Look honey, that's one of those trucks that mine can pull backwards". I don't know for sure, but he seemed to be saying it loud enough that we'd hear him...My friend just couldn't deal with it and offered to let the guy "demonstrate" it for hisgirl (as I stood their trying not to **** myself from laughing). The guy responded "I don't have a tow rope"...my friend reached for his tow chain....The guy then said "I would, but, I'm really busy..maybe next time" and walked off....Anyway, I guess anything *could* happen, but I would have bet anyone lunch that no Tundra would pull a 3/4 ton with a CTD...my guess would be that my buddy would have draged him around the parking lot and hardly noticed anything was there Anyway, just had to share.....Are they good trucks, probably (minus their tailgates apparently), do they have a loyal base, yup, funny commercials? - check...are they the best thing on wheels, not in my opinion....

Old 10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all of the questions concerning the test, I had to call the dealership back. I threw many questions at him, and he stuck by the story that the test was legit.....indicated that the guy who was operating the Dodge, is a die hard fan of the truck.....

Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 AM
casper3380
Veteran

Here are some videos i find interesting about toyota quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShwG...ercreek%2Ehtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qVQW...Dual%20Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

its a car with a pickup bed guys, and a low quality one at that.

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..