3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
paulphilly
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

Well everyone, I own a 07' Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4X4 with the 5.7L. And, I love Dodge trucks as well. I have to admit that Toyota quality has gone down hill. Why? I personally think its due to Toyota building way more trucks/cars than they ever have. And, with building more vehicles comes the issue of having more problems. That is why older models were bulletproof because they were built in japan and in smaller, controlled numbers. My truck has less than 2000 miles and already has a transmission leak! Many other Tundrasolutions.com members are having problems as well to include the infamous tailgate issues. I agree that the Tundra is a car with a truck bed (not tailgate). And, the so called "truck that is changing it all" is misleading because my truck just doesnt feel "solid". The interior is fairly cheap, the tailgate is very cheap, and the overall "feel" of the truck doesnt impress me. It has a nice drivetrain combo, but has yet to stand up over time. Do I like my truck? Yes, there are some things I like which are: rear vertical power window, backup monitor, room in the back with adjustable seats. But, there are things I dont like:cheap interior feel, doors are "light" feeling and dont feel solid like a truck door should, tailgate, C-channel still to be determined as being solid, initial problems mounting up for Toyota. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy an 07-08 Dodge Power Wagon (which I may still end up doing). I am just not overly impressed with my Tundra and may trade it in very soon. Anyway, just thought you all would like to have an honest opinion froma current Tundra owner. Oh, btw, the Dodge is still the best looking truck on the market.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:34 AM
fpdsniper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

Wow. The brutal honesty is appreciated. I'm absolutely in love with my new Ram. It's got tons of power, rides nice, stops on a dime, looks awesome, and get's decent gas mileage. And it's got the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty to boot! On top of all that, huge rebates on 'em. As long as I don't have too many issues in the coming years, I expect to be a happy camper for a good, long time...

Donnie

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..